Plex, a popular streaming media app, has pushed out an update bringing with it an all new Material Design overhaul, as well as some new features and functionality. Along with the fresh coat of paint, the Plex team has squashed a ton of bugs, and brought some new stuff to the app as well. Here are a few of the new features:
- Redesign preplay screens following Material Design guidelines.
- [Android TV] Add the ability to filter and sort items within a library section
- Update quality selection to allow selection of "Original" quality, as well as only showing valid qualities during video playback.
- Add support for multi-part video playback.
- [Chromecast] Add ability to change quality and audio/subtitle during playback.
- [Android TV] Enable support for searching channels.
In addition, a number of bugs and performance issues have been ironed out. Those include fixes for unavailable Chromecasts that would show in the available list, an issue where remote music requests would be ignored if music was playing, and many others. Check out a full list of the changes here, and then be sure to grab the latest Plex update from Google Play.