It's a big day to be an ooVoo fan (and probably an equally big day to become one), as they've announced a pretty massive update to not only their Android app, but also their service as a whole. Starting today, ooVoo users can participate in 12-way video chat from all ooVoo mobile applications, the desktop program, and even Facebook.
The interface for the Android application has been updated and also feature a simple, one-click Facebook registration option (for those who are new to ooVoo). Similarly neat is the ability to send an oovoo Call Link, so friends who don't have ooVoo can still be connected to you.
ooVoo also listened to user feedback and has added call record and upload functions right into your chat, giving you access to uploading to YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
What do y'all think of the update? Impressed? Let down? Neither? Be sure to sound off and let us know, and if you haven't yet, be sure to take the new ooVoo for a spin.
We've got the full presser and download links to the updated app after the break.
ooVoo Announces Significant Product Upgrades Across All Platforms and New Facebook Video-Chat Application
12-Way, Free Video Chat Now Available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Facebook, Web and PCs; Major Enhancements Include iPad App Four-Way Display
NEW YORK, NY - May 22, 2012 - ooVoo, the fastest-growing and largest independent social video-chat provider, today announced a significant upgrade to its free, social video-chat service, including a new 12-way video Facebook application and category-defining iPad app with four simultaneous high-quality video streams. ooVoo's products have been updated across all PC, iPhone and Android devices, for a state-of-the-art user experience that easily allows users to find their friends from different social networks and devices, and communicate with them in high quality for free.
"Today's product announcement is a major milestone for ooVoo and our users. ooVoo's community is over 46 million strong and our average user spends significant time engaging in fun and interesting activities including watching TV, playing music and games, doing homework and just being together," said Yuval Baharav, Chief Executive Officer, ooVoo. "This release was driven by our daily interactions with our users, and by our vision of an open communications platform that seamlessly becomes part of our users' social lives."
The new product upgrades, implemented across desktop and mobile platforms, will allow ooVoo users to:
- Experience 12-way, free video chat using the all-new Facebook application to connect to friends in and outside of Facebook on any device;
- Host a 12-way video chat on the iPad with the ability to view four simultaneous video streams at once;
- Connect to friends whether or not they have the ooVoo application by simply emailing, posting or texting an ooVoo Call Link;
- Enjoy ooVoo's major enhancements to the iPhone and Android applications with a new user interface and simplified registration using Facebook;
- Engage with the new version of ooVoo's PC application, packed with an all new user interface and providing the best video quality on the market from two to 12 simultaneous video streams;
- Create self-expressive videos: driven by users' requests, ooVoo is making free the option to record and upload video chats to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
- Starting today, the free ooVoo update is available for immediate download from ooVoo.com, the iPhone App Store and the Google Play marketplace.
About ooVoo, LLC
ooVoo provides a high-quality, free, social video-chat service and integrated instant messaging for more than 46 million registered users worldwide. ooVoo enables people to connect with their friends, family and community via 12-way video chat over the Web, Facebook, desktop and any Android or iOS-based mobile or tablet device using cloud-based connectivity. The ooVoo mobile application was awarded the “Best of the Year” distinction in 2011 by PC Magazine. ooVoo is a privately held company headquartered in New York City.