If you're looking for an Android phone with a front-QWERTY keyboard and the familiar "chirp-chirp" of Nextel Direct Connect, you've just found it in the Motorola Titanium. It's got a 3.1-inch touchscreen, Android 2.1 and is military-spec'd for dust, shock, vibration, low pressure, solar radiation, high temperature and low temperature. In other words, it'll survive a week at a smartphone trade show.
Other features for the Titanium, which is the follow-up to the Motorola i1, include:
- Support for Nextel Direct Connect Services, including Direct Connect, Group Connect®, International Direct Connect®, DirectSendSM, Group Messaging and NextMail®
- Android Market for access to more than 150,000 applications, widgets and games available for download
- Google mobile services such as Google Search, Gmail, Google Talk, Google Maps with Navigation, syncing with Google Calendar™ and YouTube
- Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync) and personal (POP3 & IMAP) email
- 5-megapixel camera with camcorder, 4x zoom and flash
- Wi-Fi b/g
- Stereo Bluetooth
- GPS navigation
- microSD slot, with a 2GB memory card included, supporting up to 32GB
- 1820 mAh Lithium-ion battery
No word yet on pricing or availability.