We're getting a few more details about the Android 2.1 update that's dropping tomorrow for the Motorola Droid. Here's the deal:
- The first batch of 1,000 updates will be pushed out at 9 a.m. PDT.
- Assuming all goes well, another 9,000 updates will go out at 8:59 p.m. PDT.
- After that, there's a 24-hour waiting period (to make sure all's still well.)
- Then 200,000 updates will go out on Saturday, March 20.
- Another batch of 200,000 goes out after that, until everyone has the update.
This stuff is brand-new as of this morning, and things are still subject to change. But we're close, people, and we still expect a manual updating method to be had in short order, so don't freak out if you're not in the first group. Thanks, anon!
- Related devices: