It's been another eventful week for Android news around the world. We've seen phone announcements, on-going legal skirmishes between Samsung and Apple, and confirmation that we won't see the Galaxy S III at Mobile World Congress later this month.
We also delivered our list of top European smartphones for the UK and Europe, and gave you the chance to win a HTC Sensation XL just by proving your superior Android knowledge.
Here are a few highlights from the past week in international Android developments --
- The best UK/European Android Phones - As of Feb. 2, 2012
- Win an HTC Sensation XL with HyperBees, Android Central and HTC
- Sony Ericsson announces Billabong partnership, Xperia Active Billabong Edition
- HTC Flyer available once again at reduced price in the UK
- White HTC Sensation coming from Mar. 1
- Apple expands patent claims against Samsung in Australia
- German court rejects Apple bid to ben sales of Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance available in the UK from Feb. 6, priced at £350
- Japanese carrier to stop sending push notification ads
- UK retailer withdraws Transformer Prime, blames 'faults' and stock availability
- Samsung: No Galaxy S II successor at Mobile World Congress
- LG Optimus L3 emerges in Sweden, appears to be new entry-level offering
- Samsung offering personal engraving for Galaxy Note in South Korea
- Samsung Galaxy Note launching on TELUS and Rogers in Canada
- T-Mobile UK launches new price plans, offers unlimited data that's actually unlimited
Got an international story? Tip us at the usual address!