Samsung Galaxy S4 Active owners on AT&T will be happy to see the Lollipop update hitting their devices. The update is around 1GB in size, and bumps the device up to Android 5.0. In this update are a number of changes, including Google's Material Design and more.
AT&T outlines some of the changes:
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
The update is slowly rolling out to Galaxy S4 Active users on AT&T. If you don't want to wait for the update to appear on your device you can check for it manually. From the home screen press the menu key, and tap Settings, then head to the 'more tab', then 'About device'. From here you press 'software update' and finally 'check for updates'. If you have already received the update be sure to let us know how it is working for you.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Dyson Pure Humidify + Cool is an incredible three-in-one system
Dyson's latest product combines a fan, air purifier, and humidifier into a single unit. The Pure Humidify + Cool has a premium design, delivers outstanding performance at both purification and humidification, and is an ideal product for the new work-from-home normal.
Don't delete your Oculus Facebook account if you want to keep your games
Nowadays, your Facebook account is your Oculus account. Make sure you don't delete it if you want to keep your games.
Get moving and track your progress with these incredible fitness trackers!
There are a lot of fitness trackers out there, from regular ol' fitness trackers to full-fledged smartwatches. If you're trying to figure out which one to buy, we're here to help.
These are the best rugged Android phones
Living the rough and tumble life? Get yourself a smartphone that can handle everything you throw at it — or throw your phone at.