Version 4 brings new beautify tools and capture capability to a great camera app
Perfectly Clear is one incredible camera app and photo processing app. If you've used it, you know that it has some sort of magic to make good pictures great, and, more importantly, make fair pictures look good. If you haven't ever used it, today's update will make you want to. It's salvaged more than a few pictures for me, and it's my go-to app for fixing my smartphone pictures. I'm not alone.
Today Perfectly Clear has a huge update, bringing a slew of advancements for image correction as well as support for the Android 5.0 Lollipop advanced camera APIs. Under the new user interface, you have new "next generation" features for beautification, including blemish removal, skin smoothing and just about anything else you would need to touch up a favorite picture. There's also a new photo browser that lets you rotate and crop images on the fly, and everything is faster —up to two times faster.
On the camera side, there's even bigger news. Perfectly Clear has integrated support for Android 5.0 Lollipop's new advanced camera APIs. This means things like full-resolution high speed burst, full-resolution panorama, HDR shots of fast-moving subjects, white balance options and more are supported, making the pictures you take look good even before you run them through any processing. Of course, you'll need a phone with the Lollipop update to take advantage of these new features.
I've been playing with the update for a few days, and the difference is noticeable. Photo processing is speedy, the new magic for image adjustments work better than ever, and the new camera features have been fun to play with on my Nexus 6. You can grab the update today in Google Play, and if you're a first time buyer you'll find it using the Google Play link above for $2.99.
Announcing the next generation of Perfectly Clear Mobile Apps
V4 photo correction apps for Android and iPhone/iPad feature faster processing, next-generation Beautify, a powerful, intuitive user interface and much more.
Las Vegas, NV — January 29, 2015 — Today, Athentech Imaging Inc announces the release of Perfectly Clear App for Android and iPhone/iPad v4, the much-anticipated upgrade to their photo correction apps for mobile devices. Both apps include Next Generation Beautify* with new algorithms that automatically detect gender, age, and facial features to apply just the right amount of correction. The new versions include five additional features: Blemish Removal, Face Slimming, Eye Circle Removal, Shine Removal and Catchlight.
"We're always working to improve our world-class automatic corrections to help make your images look amazing. So we put together an intuitive, fun-to-use app that lets you take the Perfectly Clear experience with you wherever you go," explains Brad Malcolm, President of Athentech Imaging, Inc. "Our team of physicists, mathematicians, and engineers have been hard at work all year to make this possible with our latest generation of our mobile apps and I'm super excited to present them.".
- Next Generation Beautify gives you 10 ways to look you best: Blemish Removal, Face Slimming, Dark Circle Removal, Shine Removal, Catchlight, Skin Smoothing, Eye Enhance, Eye Enlarge and Teeth Whitening.
- Automatic red-eye removal helps eyes look bright and clear by automatically fixing the color distortion that happens when light from the flash reflects in the eyes of your subject.
- New user-friendly interface makes Perfectly Clear so simple and intuitive, even beginners will be able to correct photos instantly.
- Powerful photo browser lets you crop, delete, rotate and quickly flip through images in a gallery so you no longer need to go to another app to view your images.
- Quick Correct lets you make edits directly from the photo browser.
- Significantly faster processing lets you correct images at up to 2 times the speed.
- New capture capabilities for Android 5.0 Lollipop give you full-resolution high speed burst, full-resolution panorama, HDR shots of fast-moving subjects, white balance options and more.
NEW FEATURES FOR iOS (already available for Android)
- Multi-image selection lets you open, view and batch correct your photos.
- New noise removal technology has been re-engineered to make it faster and more accurate.
- Zoom into the full-resolution photo so you can view your results at 100%.
- Localized in 9 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish
Pricing & Availability
The Perfectly Clear App is available for download at the Google Play Store and Amazon App Store (Android v4) and the Apple App Store (iPhone/iPad v4) for only $2.99.
Athentech Imaging Inc. (www.athentech.com) is an entrepreneurial, privately held company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The company is involved in three industries and markets: digital imaging, signal processing (for medical applications), and earth sciences. Athentech's Perfectly Clear technology is the world's most robust automatic image correction, bringing over 12 years of science and more than 10 patents to its professional and consumer offerings.
*Beautify powered by FotoNation