What you need to know
- OxygenOS 10 is here, and it's rolling out to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
- The update introduces new gestures, a hub for all your games, and spam filtering for the SMS app.
- The OTA is now available to a small set of users, with a wider rollout slated for the coming weeks.
OnePlus has made significant strides when it comes to delivering updates, and the Chinese manufacturer is rolling out Android 10 to its latest devices. The OxygenOS 10 build based on Android 10 is now making its way to the OnePlus 7 series, introducing a host of new features.
Key among them is the gesture-based navigation — as Joe Maring found out earlier this month, OnePlus' implemention of gestures is better than Google. OxygenOS 10 also has a new Game Space feature that works as a unified hub for all your games, improvements to Ambient Display, tweaks to the UI, and much more.
Here's the full changelog:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)
As is usually the case with these things, the OTA update is now rolling out to a small section of the community, with a wider rollout slated for the coming days provided there are no bugs. Unlike previous OTA, there's no option to use a VPN to install the update as it is being randomly pushed to users and not limited to a particular region.
Very good! I bet i get this on my 5 before my S10e sees 10.
I hope the 5G Sprint variant doesn't take forever to get updates 🙁
Just got it this morning in Florida. Nice so far!
I so miss Oxygen OS. Loved it on my 5. Wish you could easily install it on other phones. Best launcher by miles.
When's the 6t?
Exactly my question
Now I wait till TMobile releases it 🙃
Got it Sunday 9/22. It didn't show up with the built in tool, but I was able to get it with the Oxygen Updater app.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.