What you need to know
- OxygenOS 10 is here, and it's rolling out to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
- The update introduces new gestures, a hub for all your games, and spam filtering for the SMS app.
- The OTA is now available to a small set of users, with a wider rollout slated for the coming weeks.
OnePlus has made significant strides when it comes to delivering updates, and the Chinese manufacturer is rolling out Android 10 to its latest devices. The OxygenOS 10 build based on Android 10 is now making its way to the OnePlus 7 series, introducing a host of new features.
Key among them is the gesture-based navigation — as Joe Maring found out earlier this month, OnePlus' implemention of gestures is better than Google. OxygenOS 10 also has a new Game Space feature that works as a unified hub for all your games, improvements to Ambient Display, tweaks to the UI, and much more.
Here's the full changelog:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)
As is usually the case with these things, the OTA update is now rolling out to a small section of the community, with a wider rollout slated for the coming days provided there are no bugs. Unlike previous OTA, there's no option to use a VPN to install the update as it is being randomly pushed to users and not limited to a particular region.
Anker PowerCore 10000 PD ($46 at Amazon)
There aren't any Warp Charge power banks yet, but this 18W USB-C power bank and cable won't leave you running on empty.
OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 ($99 at OnePlus)
The second generation of OnePlus's popular neckbuds improve on the originals in almost every way, from fit to battery life.
Popsockets Swappable PopGrips (From $10 at PopSockets)
The OnePlus 7 Pro is big, heavy, and slippery. Add some grip to your case or directly to the 7 Pro's glass back with swappable PopSockets!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The best Cyber Monday phone deals anywhere
If you're hoping to find a new phone at a discount, Cyber Monday is the perfect opportunity to shop for one. This year's sale is lasting longer than ever, and a number of early Black Friday deals are already live!
Android apps on Windows 10 will be even worse than on Chromebooks
Android apps on Windows is an idea that faces so many hurdles it's unlikely to be very good. And a "not very good" Android experience is the last thing anyone needs.
One of the best Windows laptops is $550 right now — and stock is limited
Buying a laptop isn't an easy decision, but it's one that's slightly easier on weeks like this — on Black Friday. The Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 has been heralded as one of the best laptops on the market by practically every site that ranks these kinds of things, ourselves included, and there's a brand new reason to pick it up. Today only, the XPS 13 2-in-1 with Intel 10th Gen CPUs are up to $...
These are the screen protectors you'll want to get for your Galaxy S20 FE
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has arrived and is surely going to compete with the top Android phones for the months to come. If you're planning to hang onto this device for the next few years, you'll want to make sure it's protected from every angle. These are the best screen protectors for the Galaxy S20 FE that you can get today.