What you need to know
- OnePlus has started rolling out a new OxygenOS update for its latest flagship phones.
- The update brings several minor improvements and the April 2020 Android security patch.
- Unfortunately, the update doesn't bring a permanent fix for the display issues on some OnePlus 8 Pro units.
OnePlus rolled out the OxygenOS 10.5.5 update for the OnePlus 8 Pro last month, bringing a few camera optimizations and optimized touch sensitivity on the edges of the screen. Some users also reported that the update made the display green tint issue less noticeable than before. OnePlus is now rolling out a new OxygenOS update for both the OnePlus 8 Pro and the standard OnePlus 8 in India, Europe, and the U.S.
The latest update arrives as version 10.5.7 for the OnePlus 8 and 10.5.8 for the OnePlus 8 Pro. It brings improvements to "power consumption performance," Bluetooth connections, Wi-Fi performance, communication stability, and video playing effect at low brightness levels. There are a few minor camera enhancements too, with OnePlus claiming it has optimized HDR video effect for the 8 Pro and improved the shooting experience on both phones. The latest OxygenOS update also brings the April 2020 security patch to the two phones.
Here's the full changelog:
- Optimized touch and interaction experience
- Improved power consumption performance of the system
- Improved the video playing effect when in low brightness
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.04
- Improved stability and compatibility of Bluetooth connection
- Optimized the HDR video effect
- Improved the shooting experience with Camera and improved stability
- Enable 5G for Telia Norway (EU Only)
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfer
- Improved the stability of communication
- Optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness
OnePlus is rolling out the update in batches, which means it isn't widely available just yet. If you don't want to wait for the OTA update, you can grab it using the third-party Oxygen Updater app from the Play Store. To check for the OTA update manually, you will have to go to Settings > System > System updates.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Breaking: Twitter says hack is the result of social engineering attack
Verified and non-verified Twitter accounts are having some features disabled, including the ability to tweet. Twitter is recommending resetting your password.
Microsoft Launcher's big 6.0 overhaul is here with new features
Microsoft today launched Microsoft Launcher 6.0, a massive overhaul of the codebase and design of the launcher. There are also several new features tagging along for the ride, including landscape mode.
Preview: Assassin's Creed Valhalla is familiar, but it has Vikings
After watching a 3-hour demo of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, I only want more. It'll be a packed week when it launches just days ahead of Cyberpunk 2077.
Your OnePlus 8 Pro deserves only the best screen protectors
We love the OnePlus 8 Pro, especially its 120Hz AMOLED display. A screen protector is installed on the phone out of the box, but if you find yourself needing a new one, here's what we recommend buying.