Sprint has again updated its Sprint Football Live application, and it wants to remind everyone that the services are free to every Sprint data subscriber. Back in April, Verizon wrangled the official NFL blessing away from Sprint, and many thought that would be the end of football on Sprint, but they have been working and improving their Football Live app and it seems to offer some unique content
- Live telecasts of NCAA games via ESPN TV
- Game center for every NFL and collegiate game
- Scores and schedule for all NFL teams, and 120 college teams
- Exclusive content like player blogs, and team videos
With football season about to kick in, Sprint subscribers ought to check things out at the official Sprint Football Live page. I will be, as I'm a huge NCAA football nut. GO EERS! Check out the full press release after the jump. [Sprint]
New Sprint Football Live Streams Live Games, Delivers College and Pro Football Information - Free to Sprint Data Subscribers
Fantasy football information from leading fantasy sites and exclusive behind-the-scenes video from Collinsworth, Suh and Casserly included
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Aug 16, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
Whether you're standing on the sidelines at your child's weekend afternoon soccer game or need to keep up with your fantasy team while sitting in the stadium watching your favorite team, with Sprint Football Live it's no problem. Football fans can follow their favorite college and pro football teams, manage their fantasy drafts, and keep up with fantasy updates with the new Sprint Football Live app. Unlike some other wireless carriers, which charge extra for data and up to $10 a month additional for video, the new Sprint Football Live app and all content is free to Sprint (NYSE: S) customers with an Everything Data plan. With Sprint's 4G network, fans will experience live game viewing similar to what they see on a TV - without the lag.
Sprint Football Live is a comprehensive mobile football application across both pro and college football including:
- Live game telecasts of college football games from ESPN Mobile TV and all seven Notre Dame Fighting Irish home games on NBC Sports Mobile within the app. Some other carriers charge a fee to watch live TV.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes Sprint Football Live video blogs from first-year Detroit defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh titled "The Life of a Rookie," NBC game analyst Cris Collinsworth, and former NFL general manager and current CBS analyst Charley Casserly.
- Real-time "Game Center" for every pro and college game, with live game stats, scoring summaries, play-by-play and other updates.
- Easy, one-click access inside the application to the following:
- My Team - users can customize the app to their favorite pro and college teams so those teams' information appears first each time a user opens the app.
- Scores and Schedules - for all 32 pro teams and all 120 major college teams.
- News & Analysis - breaking news from the Associated Press, ProFootballTalk.com, and CollegeFootballTalk.com, and analysis from Yahoo Sports, Rivals.com and SB Nation.
- Team Pages - specific to all 32 professional teams and 120 college teams.
- Standings - for specific teams and conferences.
- Fantasy - live Sunday morning fantasy football TV show from ESPN, insights from Yahoo!, CBS Sports.com and Fantasy Sports Ventures (KFFL and Real Time Fantasy Sports), including breaking news, current stats, alerts customizable for specific players, and the ability to manage your team with trades and lineup changes on ESPN.com, Yahoo.com, CBSSports.com and FoxSports.com.
- Statistics - season and game stats for all players and teams, both college and pro.
- Video & Photos - analysis from Yahoo!, CBSSports.com, ESPN and ProFootballTalk.com; exclusive videos from the Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco 49ers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins; college football highlights for specific teams from ESPN Mobile TV; and game photos from the Associated Press.
- Twitter - delivers the latest tweets from pro football players, pro and college teams, college coaches, and well-known media who cover football.
- Odds - know the spread and over/under for the football games each week.
- Alerts - customizable for specific team when they score, enter the red zone or updates at quarter, half and end of game. Also can get scoring updates for individual players helpful for fantasy player tracking.
- Application will be customizable to a fan's favorite team(s) and players to deliver more in-depth information.
"College and pro football fans have an insatiable appetite for instant information," said Steve Gaffney, vice president of Corporate Marketing for Sprint. "The Sprint Football Live app is a one-stop location where fans can easily keep up with the latest news, scores and fantasy information from their phone. We've made it easy to use and it's included with our data plans. With Sprint 4G, watching live football games on a phone is unparalleled by any other national carrier."
Sprint is the first national wireless carrier to launch wireless 4G technology in cities across the country. Sprint boasts 48 metropolitan areas that are enabled with Sprint 4G, which allows for Internet traffic at super-fast speeds.
With 4G, Sprint customers experience fast mobile downloads, streaming video, and turbo-charged Web browsing. This new wireless technology boasts download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G.1 Users can video chat with friends and family via the popular HTC EVO(TM) 4G, America's first 3G/4G wireless smartphone. Starting Aug. 31, Sprint customers will be able to purchase Samsung Epic(TM) 4G, the company's second 4G-enabled smartphone.
Sprint Football Live is available on most Sprint handsets, and all Sprint video-enabled phones that offer Sprint TV. Both are included at no additional charge with Sprint Everything Data plans, which include Any Mobile, Anytime for unlimited calling to any mobile phone in America, unlimited text, unlimited Web and unlimited GPS navigation starting at $69.99 - the same price AT&T and Verizon charge for unlimited talk only.
More information is available at www.Sprint.com/football.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 48.1 million customers at the end of the second quarter of 2010 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, Common Cents Mobile and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. With its customer-focused strategy, you can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
A $0.03/KB charge applies without a data plan. Coverage not available everywhere. The 3G Sprint Mobile Broadband Network reaches more than 262 million people. Availability of service varies based on selected phone/network. Price plans exclude taxes, Sprint surcharges and fees.
1 "Up to 10x faster"based on download speed comparison of 3G's 600 kbps vs. 4G's 6 Mbps. Industry published 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps-1.7 Mbps); 4G avg. speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Here are the best alternatives to Dark Sky for Android
One of the more popular weather apps is leaving Android, so it's time to find yourself something new. Here are some weather apps I actually like more that you can turn to and fill the Dark Sky hole in your heart.
Google's AirDrop rival 'Nearby Share' finally starts rolling out
Google's Nearby Share platform, which lets users easily and anonymously share files with each other, has finally started rolling out. Initially, however, Nearby Share will only be available on select Pixel and Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 appears in a new video leak ahead of launch
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has shown up in leaked AT&T instructional videos, just a day before its official unveiling.
These cases provide all the protection your Galaxy A11 will need
If you want to go with Samsung but don't want to get a flagship like the S20, why not go with a more budget-friendly option like the Galaxy A11? This phone gives you the look of a flagship smartphone at just a portion of the cost. But even though you're saving some dough, you'll want to make sure that your investment is protected, so why not get a new case?