Marton Barcza of TechAltar joins the show once again to chat with Daniel Bader and Ara Wagoner about the various ways Huawei may be doomed — and the scenarios in which they could survive as a company. Marton elaborates on his amazing YouTube video in which he makes the case that Google has made Android versions irrelevant. All that and tons more!
Show Notes and Links:
- Honor 20 Pro review: Gunning for the big-name flagships
- Huawei soon losing access to Android updates, Google apps, after Trump trade ban
- Huawei Android ban, explained: Could we see a Mate 30 without Google?
- Losing Google support would irreparably damage Huawei's global smartphone business
- Huawei is working on a backup OS that natively runs Android apps
- How valuable is Android, or any other operating system, without Google?
- Huawei's imminent Google ban is causing lots of its phones to be traded in
- UK mobile network EE drops Huawei phones from its 5G launch
- Huawei reassures Canadian carriers it can supply network equipment amidst U.S. trade ban
- Huawei faces another huge blow as ARM cuts ties with the Chinese brand
- Trump says 'very dangerous' Huawei could be part of U.S.-China trade deal
- How Google has finally made Android versions irrelevant
- How I arrived at the perfect Android theming setup (and how to build your own)
- TechAltar (@TechAltar) | Twitter
- Thrifter.com: All the best deals from Amazon, Best Buy, and more, fussily curated and constantly updated.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A few good Kindle books can help you get through these tough times
One of my favorite pastimes in good times or bad is to curl up on the sofa with a good book, preferably on my Amazon Kindle. Here are some of the stories that have been distracting me over the past few weeks of lockdown and social isolation.
Top 6 things Google needs to add to Chrome OS to compete with Windows
Chrome OS has gotten pretty good in recent years — especially for tablets and touchscreens — but there’s always room to improve. Here’s my wishlist for my favorite lightweight laptop ecosystem.
Amazon Echo Frames review: Alexa comes for your eyes and ears
When I reviewed the Amazon Echo Buds in late 2019, I commented that they were a solid first attempt to help get Alexa out of the house and make her more useful on the go. The Echo Frames, which were announced at the same time as the Echo Buds, are the latest of Alexa's steps into the wider world. I'll tell you what I thought of them after my first few days with them.
You can shoot up the ol' West in the latest game to join the Oculus Quest
The Oculus Quest allows you to play VR games without requiring a PC, phone, or external sensors. Here's every game you can buy or download for free!su