What is CES? In just a few short days we'll be back yet again in Las Vegas for the 2012 International CES. That's Consumer Electronics Show, if you don't know, and it's the largest gathering of nerds west of the Mississippi. Or east of the Mississippi. Or anywhere near Mississippi.
CES isn't just a mobile show, though. It's everything electronics. And while that means you don't get quite as much mobile tech as you will, say, at Mobile World Congress (in Barcelona in late February) or CTIA (in New Orleans in May), we'll still see our share. In January 2011, CES is where we got our first good look at the likes of the Motorola Xoom Honeycomb tablet. And the Droid Bionic, Cliq 2 and Atrix, and the HTC ThunderBolt, Inspire 4G and EVO Shift 4G. And LG Optimus 2X and Revolution.
Here's what's coming up this year:
- CES doesn't officially start until Tuesday, Jan. 10. That's when the show floors open.
- But Monday, Jan. 9, is Media Day. Press conference after press conference. It's a little insane, actually.
- And stuff's actually going down on Sunday, too. Le sigh.
- Unlike years past, the Adult Entertainment Expo isn't taking place at the same time, adjacent to some of the same venues. There shall be no (or at least not quite as much) accidental mixing of nerds and nipples. (We can't be held responsible for what happens in Vegas after hours, though.)
- We're going to have more liveblogs than you'll be able to follow. It'll be epic.
So, yeah. There's going to be plenty of stuff to keep us busy.
And you'll be able to keep track of it all at our Android @ CES 2012 page.
- Filed under: