Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Google Play Music | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
It's our last show before Christmas, and it's a good one. We get up-close and personal (again) with Google Glass, sort out all the Motorola updates, talk some smartwatches — and answer a bunch of your questions. Join us!
Thing 1: Smartwatches
- Samsung Galaxy Gear (U.S.) finally gets new firmware and expanded notifications
- Pebble announces its own app store; open to developers now, public gets it in 2014
- Pebble smartwatch on sale for $120 at Amazon and Best Buy
Thing 2: Motorola's updates and wood
- Moto G getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat starting today!
- Android 4.4 KitKat update hitting Droid Ultra, MAXX and Mini
- Moto X bamboo back arrives on Moto Maker, carries $100 premium
- Bamboo Moto X now ships by the end of the year
- From the Editor's Desk: Shut up and buy this phone
Thing 3: Google Glass update
- Google Glass updated to XE12, brings a wink camera, proper Hangouts support and iOS compatibility
- New Glassware now live on MyGlass
- MyGlass for iOS available in the App Store, again
- Verizon pushing out Android 4.3 for Galaxy Note 2
- BlackBerry: Android and iOS combined for 40 million new BBM registrations in 60 days
- Here's what BlackBerry's CEO really said about bringing the 'BlackBerry experience' to Android
- CyanogenMod receives new round of funding, talks about future plans
- Oppo N1 CyanogenMod Edition passes Google CTS, launching Dec. 24
- Sony PlayMemories app refreshed, QX-series firmware update coming soon
- LG unveils 21-inch all-in-one Chromebase desktop
- #CESlive update: Awesome guests, sponsors, a Vegas meetup and more!
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Leave a voicemail: Record your question with your phone or computer, and e-mail it to us. (Be sure to leave your name and where you're from!)
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact Standard Broadcast Co..
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: