Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
Phil, Jerry, Alex and Andrew are back for Episode CXLII of the Greatest Android Podcast in the World! We're back on Google Hangouts and have the latest on Google Maps, all these Moto X leaks, the big moves in the land of U.S. carriers, and a wee bit on how good we look using phones in pools with bikinis. Plus, is your phone out to get you? (Hint: Probably not.)
Thing 1: The new Google Maps is here (sort of)
- New Google Maps app starting to seed on Google Play
- New Google Maps updated with offline maps button
- Google Maps gains swipe-to-access gestures in latest update
- Google confirms Latitude being retired from August 9
Thing 2: U.S. carrier news the rest of the world doesn't care about
- T-Mobile announces 'JUMP!' upgrade plan, new LTE markets and devices
- Editorial: T-Mobile's new JUMP! upgrade policy is leapfrogging the competition
Thing 3: Other stuff
- Eric Schmidt with a Moto X
- Verizon roadmap shows potential launch dates for HTC One, Moto X
- Google+ update lets friends see your +1's, here's how to hide your +1 history
- NSA contributes to Android, but there is no secret backdoor
- Google confirms fix for 'master key' vulnerability released to OEMs
- CyanogenMod 10.1.1 released, patches several known security exploits
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active for AT&T
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Leave a voicemail: Record your question with your phone or computer, and e-mail it to us. (Be sure to leave your name and where you're from!)
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact Standard Broadcast Co..
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: