A better tablet interface joins the features in the Opera browser, and a new blink engine should make the whole experience faster
Opera has updated their Android application today, and along with a bump to Chromium 31 for the internal browser engine brings an all-new tablet UI and a handful of bug fixes. The new tablet layout isn't just a scaled-up version of the phone app, the folks at Opera say they have tuned every element to take advantage of the larger screen size. Of course, things like off-road mode and the speed dial new tab page are still in place.
The full list of changes:
- based on chromium 31
- new UI for tablet devices
- improvements in search engine list
- new remote debugging feature (requires new permissions)
- fixed issue with fullscreen video playback
- fixed issue with HW back button on Discover
- fixed issue with viewport size in new tab
- fixed issue with keybord staying on screen
- fixed issue with page reload when leaving text input in off-road pages
- various stabilization and performance improvements
We know plenty of people are big fans of Opera and their business philosophy, and it looks like you'll have a great new version to use. You can grab it at the Google Play link above.