The guys at Gizmodo got their hands on the Nexus One aka the Googlephone and have come away with some impressions that have been surprisingly hard to come by. We'll give you the highlights but it seems like they've concluded that the Nexus One (or the N1?) will be the Android phone to get when released. Yep, better than the Droid, the Hero, and whatever else Android phone you want right now.
Here's their thoughts:
- The Nexus One is slightly thinner than the iPhone 3GS, and slightly lighter.
- The back is definitely not cheap and plasticky, like the iPhone's backing, and feels like some sort of rubbery material.
- It feels long and silky and natural in your hand—even more so than the iPhone 3GS.
- Even though the screen is the same size and same resolution as the Droid, it's noticeably better.
- This is probably the best screen we've seen on a smartphone so far. Probably.
- The Nexus One is astonishingly faster than the Droid.
- [For webpage loading]...the Nexus One loaded first, the iPhone 3GS came in a few seconds later, and the Droid came in a little while after that.
Head over to Gizmodo for their take but this is getting us more excited about the Nexus One than ever before. We love our Droids here at Android Central, something definitively better than the Droid will have to be eye-poppingly good.