Want Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Nexus S but down't want to wait on the update to push out over the air? The dowload location has been found, and we've got your update instructions. We've already updated our Nexus S, and it takes just a couple minutes.
Again, folks, this is the GSM verison. And, specifically, the T-Mobile version. If that's not your phone, keep out. Now, instructions:
- Grab the OTA package here
- Rename it to update.zip. This isn't needed for the Nexus S bootloader, but it makes things easy, if that's how you prefer them.
- Copy it over to the internal storage on your Nexus S.
- Power off, then hold volume up and power to reboot to the bootloader.
- Using the volume key to navigate, select recovery, then use the power button to confirm
- When you see the warning triangle and arrow, hold the power button and tap volume up. You'll see a menu.
- From the menu, select "apply update from /sdcard", and choose update.zip from the list.
- Let it do its thing and update your system, radio, and other partitions. When finished, choose "reboot system now"
That simple! Now you've got the all new Android 4.0.3.
More: Nexus S forums
Big ups to Koush and Beezy for the download location!
- Related devices:
- Filed under: