On October 27, 2015, Motorola and Verizon introduced the Motorola Droid Turbo 2.
The Droid Turbo 2 features a 5.4-inch shatterproof QHD display, 48-hours of battery life, a 21MP camera, and 5MP selfie camera, while having a very similar overall look to the other Moto X models that Motorola already announced this year. Additionally, the Turbo 2 contains Qualcomm's Snapdragon 810 (MSM8994) processor, along with 32 or 64GB of internal storage and up to 2TB expandable storage. Powering it through the day will be a 3,760mAh battery. With the Turbocharger, you'll be able to grab an additional 13 hours of battery life by just charging for 15 minutes.
The Droid Turbo 2 also sports a new feature that Motorola calls ShatterShield. According to Motorola, ShatterShield makes the Turbo 2 the "world's first phone screen guaranteed not to crack or shatter". A four-year warranty applies to any cracking or shattering.
Droid Turbo 2 Specs
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 (MSM8994) with Adreno 430 GPU, Natural Language Processor, Contextual Computing Processor
- Display: 5.4-inch POLED Quad HD (1440x2560) 540 ppm
- Battery: 3760 mph, with Qi and PowerMat wireless charging
- Rear camera: 21MP, f/2.0 aperture, phase-detect autofocus, duel LED flash, 4K video @ 30fps
- Front camera: 5MP, f/2.0 aperture, wide-angle lens, 1.4um pixel
- Storage: 32GB/64GB with microSD
- RAM: 3GB
- Dimensions: 149.8 x 78 x 7.6-9.2 mm
- Weight: 169 grams
- Networks: CDMA (850/1900); GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900); UMTS/HSPA+(850/900/1900/2100); LTE (B2/3/4/5/7/13)
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Wifi: 802.11ac with MIMO
- Bluetooth: 4.1 LE
- Other: NFC, Infrared sensors
- Colors: Black & white soft grip, gray ballistic nylon, black pebbled leather, Moto Maker
Best of all it can be totally customized through Moto Maker.
The Droid Turbo 2 was made officially available from Verizon on October 29th.