Update: Amazon currently has an $8.65 on-page coupon that you can clip, dropping the price of the motion sensor to just over $22.
Being able to control your Philips Hue lights from your phone, or via your voice, is awesome, but when you have stuff in your hands or want to be quiet, it's less than ideal. Luckily, there are other options available for controlling your lights, and one of the easiest is the Hue Motion Sensor. Amazon currently has it listed for just $31.98 (opens in new tab) which happens to be its lowest price yet. It normally sells for $40.
- Light up a room simply by walking in and control the intensity by the time of day, such as a gentle, warm night light to help you navigate your home at night.
- Battery powered, wireless, and installation free, this Hue Motion Sensor requires the Hue Bridge (sold separately) to work, connecting to your Hue system with control via the Philips Hue App.
- Place it anywhere in your home including your hallway, bathroom, kitchen, and more. The integrated light sensor saves energy by detecting when rooms are vacant and automatically turning off lights.
- Make it part of your Hue home lighting system with Hue accessories (sold separately) such as the Hue Tap or Hue Motion Sensor. Control by voice with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant.
- Connect it with your Nest or Samsung SmartThings system. Each kit includes one Hue Motion Sensor with two AAA alkaline batteries, a magnet, screws, a manual, and a two-year warranty.
This is a great addition to any Philips Hue setup that you have. Be sure to grab one now, before the price jumps back up again!
See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
More from Thrifter
For more great deals be sure to check out our friends at Thrifter now!
They're pretty nice, but it's a shame that Philips limits the possibilities so much. It shouldn't be necessary to have to use the API console and Tasker or a Raspberry Pi to use the Motion Sensor as a trigger for IFTTT or other things.
Does anyone know if this works with the Gen 1 hub, or does it require the updated hub?
Have a Google home and smart things hub so I'm not buying any Philips Hue products until I can use them without the Hub. Just not worth it
Hi! I have found new not bad app for Philips Hue. If you want to try, look for Hue Music on Google Play. (purple logo with bulb inside)
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.