Tiny printer gets packed with tons of great features
Ahead of their unveiling at CES, Seiko Epson has announced their latest label printer for Android devices, the LW-600P. Coming in at only 24mm this is the smallest and lightest label printer that is on the market. Using Bluetooth the LW-600P can easily connect to your Android smartphone or tablet, and the printer runs either via battery power or an AC plug if you can access one. Through the Epson iLabel application you will be able to take full advantage of the printer from your Android device in ways that we not possible before.
Some of the features that Epson is able to offer that previous label makers were not are
- “True-view” label preview capability using the camera function to ensure labels perfectly match what’s on the screen
- Handwriting mode for custom drawing or annotation of labels using the touch screen interface
- Speech-to-text voice transcription and printing
- In-app storage of created label for future use
- Import of custom graphics such as symbols, logos and photographs to copy & paste onto labels for a more professional look or to add a personalized touch
- Creation of QR code labels for content sharing or barcode labels for inventory management which can be scanned by third-party QR/barcode apps
In addition to these great features Epson offers the options to print labels on a large variety of different tape options. Whether you are looking to print personalized ribbons, create iron-on tags, print glow in the dark or reflective labels you can do it all from the portable LW-600P. Epson has created an open-source development kit for the printer so you can easily create custom applications for your own business uses to make the printer work best for you.
Epson has made the printer available now for $99 with one roll of ribbon, or $123 for two rolls included, and they will be showing it off at CES. Be sure to stay tuned to for more as we cover CES as it all happens!
Epson America Launches App-Enabled Label Printer
for Smartphones and Tablets
Epson’s LabelWorks LW-600P with iLabel App Offers Unlimited Label-Making Possibilities for Home or Work; Prints Wirelessly from iOS and Android Mobile Devices
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Jan. 3, 2014 – Epson America today announced the Epson LabelWorks LW-600P, a new one-of-a-kind label printer for smartphones and tablets that gives users the ability to make an endless variety of both practical and creative labels for the home or workplace.
The LabelWorks LW-600P is one of the smallest and lightest 24mm (~1”) label printers on the market today with a powerful set of capabilities and features, including:
· Bluetooth connectivity for use with smart phones and tablets
· USB connectivity for printing from Windows and Mac computers
· Print speeds up to 15mm/s at 180dpi for fast printing of labels
· Tape widths of 6mm (~1/8”) to 24mm (~1”) for maximum versatility
· Battery-powered operation for portability and mobility
· AC power (adapter included) to allow the LW-600P to be always on and ready
For iOS and Android device users, the free Epson iLabel app takes full advantage of the capabilities of their smart phones and tablets to offer features never before available with traditional label makers, such as:
· “True-view” label preview capability using the camera function to ensure labels perfectly match what’s on the screen
· Handwriting mode for custom drawing or annotation of labels using the touch screen interface
· Speech-to-text voice transcription and printing
· In-app storage of created label for future use
· Import of custom graphics such as symbols, logos and photographs to copy & paste onto labels for a more professional look or to add a personalized touch
· Creation of QR code labels for content sharing or barcode labels for inventory management which can be scanned by third-party QR/barcode apps
With a wide variety of tape options, the LabelWorks LW-600P opens up a world of label-making possibilities that go beyond simply adhesive labels for organization, including:
· Personalized ribbons and decorative stickers for party favors, gifts, hair decorations, ornaments, flower arrangements and more
· Iron-on labels for uniforms, backpacks, shoes and any type of cloth-based products
· Glow-in-the-dark labels for light switches, emergency flashlights and supplies
· Reflective labels for jackets, helmets, bicycles and any item that may benefit from labels with reflective visibility
“The Epson LabelWorks LW-600P offers users a mobile device accessory that can be used anywhere to create labels for any situation – personal or business,” said Anna Jen, director, New Ventures/New Products for Epson America. “It reinvigorates an older product category with new features, new types of printable tapes and exciting possibilities that bring enhanced value to the market.”
With an open-source development platform, the LW-600P also gives developers the ability to create iOS and Android label-printing apps for specific uses such as event ticketing and specialty crafting, or for vertical applications such as inventory management, healthcare, cable & wiring, patch panels and more.
Demonstrations of the LabelWorks LW-600P will be available at the Epson SmartWare Pavilion, meeting room S214, in the Las Vegas Convention Center during 2014 International CES, Jan. 7-10, 2014.
Part of Epson’s newly introduced portfolio of open-sourced, app-enabled products, the LabelWorks LW-600P is available now and sold with one or two 24mm tapes included in the box with an MSRP of $99.99 and $123.98, respectively.
For complete LabelWorks LW-600P specifications and additional information, visit www.epson.com/labelworks. View a video overview of the product here: http://www.epson.com/lw600video
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and 3LCD projectors to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com.
Connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/moverio).
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.