What you need to know
- Polar this week announced its cheapest fitness tracker yet, the Polar Unite.
- The $149 fitness tracker comes with waterproofing and built-in GPS.
- The watch also boasts personalized workout guides, heart-rate monitoring and more.
Weighing 32 grams, the Polar Unite is the company's newest fitness tracker — and it's pretty light on your wallet, too. Going for $149, it's the company's cheapest fitness watch yet. For that price, you get a waterproof watch with built-in GPS, heart-rate monitoring, sleep tracking, and what the company claims is a "truly personalized" fitness guide that'll track "your sleep, recovery, fitness level, and training history to recommend tailored workouts each day."
"Polar is dedicated to making fitness make sense. There are plenty of fitness wearables on the market, but typically you're forced to choose between practicality, price and performance," said the company's Chief Marketing Officer. "With Polar Unite, we really focused on these three core challenges, and the result is a truly stunning product that's packed with all the essential fitness tools and technology you need to get moving, but a price that's reasonable."
The watch also boasts a number of other stats for you to track:
- With Sleep Plus Stages™, you can track your sleep stages and cycles and get detailed insights into your sleep quality with a Sleep Score each morning.
- Nightly Recharge™ measures your autonomic nervous system (ANS) recovery, and gives daily feedback on how well you have recovered from the day before.
- Serene™ helps relax your body and calm your mind with guided breathing exercises.
- Fitness test: Test your fitness level quickly without breaking a sweat to know where you're at now to motivate you to start, maintain or increase the level of physical exercise you are doing.
- Continuous heart rate measurements provide more in-depth insight into how your body responded to daily activities and sleep.
- The Activity Guide offers insight into how active you've been and tips on reaching your daily goal.
- Smart Calories makes it easy to understand the number of calories burned during training sessions as well as total daily calories based on your personal information and how hard you're training.
Polar claims the watch should last you up to four days with heart-rate tracking on, though that number will drop to just 40 hours if you've got GPS on.
The Polar Unite is already available on the company's website, starting at €149.90/$149.95. It's available in black, white, pink, and blue, with two sizes of wristbands included in the box. Additionally accessory bands in other colours or using different materials can also be bought separately on the company's online store.
Polar's most affordable fitnes watch to date, the Polar Unite features a compelling set of features, including heart-rate monitoring, sleep tracking, built-in GPS, and more, plus a bunch of different strap styles for the fashionista in you.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
AC Podcast 492: TikTok/WeChat Ban; LG Wing; Pixel 5s; PS5
Daniel and Jerry are joined by Alex Dobie and Joe Maring to make sense of the impending (at the time of recording) TikTok and WeChat bans in the U.S. The crew also preview the LG Wing and discuss Apple's recent Watch and iPad announcements in comparison to Android-compatible watches and the Galaxy Tab S7. Alex also reports on the rumored Pixel 5s. Plus, the next-gen consoles are coming...
Foldables are finally good enough to actually spend money on
Foldable phones have come a long way in 18 months, and now with the Galaxy Z Fold 2, we have no major flaws, no shortchanged specs and no hurdles still to overcome. Now is the tipping point when foldables start to actually become worthy of your wallet.
Want an Oculus Quest 2? Here's where to buy one!
The Oculus Quest 2 was announced at Facebook Connect 2020. Here's how to preorder the hottest new wireless VR system around!
The best replacement bands for your 46mm Galaxy Watch
The strap included with the Galaxy Watch is fine, but these offer much more customization. Not only do these straps offer you the chance to change up the style of your watch, but you also get materials that bring added durability for a strap that can take what you throw at it.