What you need to know
- The OnePlus Nord has started receiving a new stable OxygenOS update.
- It comes with the September 2020 Android security patch and improved display calibration.
- OnePlus claims to have optimized network stability and image stabilization performance too.
OnePlus rolled out the OxygenOS 10.5.7 update to the Nord last month, with more display and camera improvements. The company has now started pushing a new stable OxygenOS update to the OnePlus Nord with the September Android security patch and a few minor tweaks.
The biggest highlight of the latest OxygenOS 10.5.8 update for the Nord is definitely the September security patch. Until now, the OnePlus Nord was stuck on the July 2020 Android security patch. Aside from the security improvements, OnePlus has worked on further improving display calibration with this update and has also optimized the camera image stabilization performance. Network stability and overall system stability have been improved as well.
Here's the full changelog:
- Newly added "Hide silent notifications in status bar" feature to filter unimportant notifications, making the app notification management easier( Route: Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in the status bar )
- Optimized the expanded screenshot user experience for some scenes
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.09
- Optimized image stabilization performance
- Improved general display calibration
- Optimize the network stability
The update is currently rolling out to users in India and will soon be available in Europe too. As always, however, it will take a few days for the update to become available for everyone. If you do not want to wait for the broader rollout to begin, you can grab the OxygenOS 10.5.8 update using the third-party Oxygen Updater app from the Play Store.
Thanks to its robust specs and great battery life, the OnePlus Nord is one of the best options currently available in the mid-range segment. The phone has a 90Hz AMOLED display, capable 48MP camera, and supports 30W fast charging.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Every game with touch controls on Xbox Game Pass (xCloud) for Android
Microsoft is offering over 150 games through cloud streaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. While all can be played with controllers, only a handful right now support touch controls.
Razer Hammerhead True Wireless Pro review: Happy, happy earholes
Razer's new Hammerhead True Wireless earbuds deliver great sound for every environment, with very few compromises.
Google just made it a lot easier to control your phone with just your voice
Google today announced the launch of a new version of its Voice Access accessibility feature, which will be available on devices running Android 6.0 and above in Beta. It has also announced five more useful new features that will be rolling out to Android devices in the coming weeks.
Keep your Nord N10 screen looking great with these screen protectors
The OnePlus Nord N10 is a rather interesting device that aims to take a place amongst the best cheap Android phones. But as is the case with any new phone, you're going to want to keep it protected, so we've rounded up the best OnePlus Nord N10 screen protectors.