What you need to know
- This is Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 for the 7 and 7 Pro
- Included changes are full screen gestures, Game Space, Smart Display and more.
- Stable builds of Android 9 are available should you need to roll back software.
It appears that rumors were true and that OnePlus has decided to let OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro owners in on Android 10 fun the same day that Google released final build for Pixel owners. The fan-favorite phones have received numerous updates since their launch earlier this year, and beta builds of Android 10 have been available for a few months. Now, the phones get Open Beta releases the same day as Google's Pixel phones get a stable update.
In a forum post, OnePlus released Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7. With this release, there are the expected bug fixes from previous developer preview builds as well as some added Oxygen OS features.
- Upgraded to Android 10 -Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Supported intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)
- Application compatibility issues
- Low probability of system lag and stability issues
As with all beta software, loading these builds onto a daily driver should be done with caution. If needed, OnePlus does include the process and software links for rolling back to stable Android.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
These are the best games for your Android phone
We're rounding up the best games, free and premium, you should be playing today.
Digital Wellbeing has been forgotten, but we need it now more than ever
Two years ago, the digital hygiene movement was in full swing. Now, during the pandemic, the idea of using our phones less has been abandoned, but should we bring it back?
iOS 14 widgets make Android's look like an absolute embarrassment
If you want your home screen to look good, you should want widgets that look great. Apple knows this, and it made sure that widgets on each of the
These are the best OnePlus 7 Pro cases
The OnePlus 7 Pro was one of 2019's most exciting flagship devices. It was also one of the most slippery. Here are the best cases you can buy for the device if you're still sporting one.