What you need to know
- This is Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 for the 7 and 7 Pro
- Included changes are full screen gestures, Game Space, Smart Display and more.
- Stable builds of Android 9 are available should you need to roll back software.
It appears that rumors were true and that OnePlus has decided to let OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro owners in on Android 10 fun the same day that Google released final build for Pixel owners. The fan-favorite phones have received numerous updates since their launch earlier this year, and beta builds of Android 10 have been available for a few months. Now, the phones get Open Beta releases the same day as Google's Pixel phones get a stable update.
In a forum post, OnePlus released Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7. With this release, there are the expected bug fixes from previous developer preview builds as well as some added Oxygen OS features.
- Upgraded to Android 10 -Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Supported intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)
- Application compatibility issues
- Low probability of system lag and stability issues
As with all beta software, loading these builds onto a daily driver should be done with caution. If needed, OnePlus does include the process and software links for rolling back to stable Android.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Security isn't privacy, and you can have one without the other
Android is a very secure operating system but that doesn't have anything to do with the privacy that you're willing to give away.
Here's every U.S. city with 5G coverage right now
5G deployment is moving fast and the list of cities with coverage is growing all the time. See if your U.S. city has coverage yet by Verizon, T-Mobile, or AT&T.
HTC Inspire 4G retrospective review: My first Android desire
Of all the dozens, if not hundreds, of phones I've tested over the years, I just couldn't shake my fond memories tied to my first Android phone, the HTC Inspire. So I bought one off of eBay.
These are the best OnePlus phones you can buy in 2020
Thinking about joining Team OnePlus but aren't sure which of the company's gadgets is right for you? Let us help you find the perfect OnePlus phone!