It turned out to be anything but a slow news week. Daniel Bader, Jerry Hildenbrand, and Ara Wagoner pour over rumors about Galaxy Note 10, Pixel 4, and the discuss the return of Galaxy Fold. Daniel also shares his enthusiasm for the Sonos-powered Symfonisk speakers from Ikea.
Where there's smoke there's fire, and rumors about Apple purchasing the majority of Intel's smartphone modem business turned out to be true. It's a strategic move that will enable Apple to compete with Qualcomm. Finally, the U.S. Justice Department has approved the T-Mobile/Sprint merger. The crew think this is bad for consumers and they go into detail about their reasons.
Show Notes and Links:
- Galaxy Note 10 rumors
- Pixel 4 rumors
- The Galaxy Fold is launching in September, and Samsung promises its problems are fixed
- Ikea Symfonisk speakers review: Amazing Sonos sound, no assembly required
- Apple is acquiring majority of Intel's smartphone modem business
- What does Apple's acquisition of Intel's smartphone modem tech mean for the rest of the industry?
- T-Mobile and Sprint are set to merge after Justice Department approval, Dish to build its own 5G network
- T-Mobile / Sprint merger: Here's how it changes the wireless market and how it affects you
- Rhone: Rhone, the premier men's performance lifestyle brand, is designed for men who appreciate quality, comfortable clothing that fits how they live, work, and sweat. Go to rhone.com/acp and use offer code ACP for 20% off your first purchase!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Foldables are finally good enough to actually spend money on
Foldable phones have come a long way in 18 months, and now with the Galaxy Z Fold 2, we have no major flaws, no shortchanged specs and no hurdles still to overcome. Now is the tipping point when foldables start to actually become worthy of your wallet.
Want an Oculus Quest 2? Here's where to buy one!
The Oculus Quest 2 was announced at Facebook Connect 2020. Here's how to preorder the hottest new wireless VR system around!
Fitness apps and wearables are great, as long as you aren't in a wheelchair
Plenty of people with mobility issues want to buy fitness-based wearables, myself included. Right now they shouldn't because it seems like no company wants their money bad enough to work for it.
The best replacement bands for your 46mm Galaxy Watch
The strap included with the Galaxy Watch is fine, but these offer much more customization. Not only do these straps offer you the chance to change up the style of your watch, but you also get materials that bring added durability for a strap that can take what you throw at it.