MediaTek today unveiled a new octa-core processor at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. The MT6753 is a new 1.5GHz 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 processor with support for WorldMode modem capability, designed for high performance tasks in mid-range hardware.
Paired with the Mali-T720 GPU, gaming and more demanding apps will run with ease, all whilst saving precious time on battery charges. The added 4G LTE support enables quick transfer of data, perfect for those enjoying videos (or other data-intensive tasks) while mobile.
MediaTek states the MT6753 is currently sampling now, and expects first commercial devices to be released in Q2 2015.
BARCELONA, Spain, March 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- MediaTek, today announced the release of the MT6753, a 64-bit Octa-core mobile system-on-chip (SoC) with support for WorldMode modem capability. Coupled with the previously announced MT6735 quad-core SoC, the new MT6753 is designed with high performance features for an ever more demanding mid-range market.
Reinforcing MediaTek's commitment to driving the latest technology to customers across the world, the MT6753 SoC will be offered at a price that creates strong value for customers, especially as it comes with integrated CDMA2000 to ensure compatibility in every market. The eight ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit processors and Mali-T720 GPU helps to ensure customers can meet graphic-heavy multimedia requirements while also maintaining battery efficiency for high-end devices.
"The launch of the MT6753 again demonstrates MediaTek's desire to offer more power and choice to our 4G LTE product line, while also giving customers worldwide greater diversity and flexibility in their product layouts," said Jeffrey Ju, Senior Vice President at MediaTek.
The MT6753, which is compatible with the previously announced MT6735 for entry smartphones, also enables handset makers to reduce time to market, simplify product development and manage product differentiation in a more cost effective way. MT6753 is sampling to customers now, with the first commercial devices to be available in Q2, 2015.
Key Features of MT6753 include:
Next-Generation 64-bit Mobile Computing System
- Octa-core, up to 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit processors with MediaTek's leading CorePilot multi-processor technology, providing a perfect balance of performance and power for mainstream mobile devices
- Mali-T720 GPU with support for the Open GL ES 3.0 and Open CL 1.2 APIs and premium graphics for gaming and UI effects
Advanced Multimedia Features
- Supports low-power, 1080p, 30fps video playback on the emerging video codec standard H.265 and legacy H.264 and 1080p, 30fps H.264 video recording
- Integrated 16MP camera image signal processor with support for unique features like PIP (Picture-in-Picture), VIV (Video in Video) and Video Face Beautifier
- Display support up to HD 1920x1080 60fps resolution with MediaTek MiraVision™ technology for DTV-grade picture quality
Integrated 4G LTE WorldModeModem & RF
- Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150 Mb/s downlink, 50 Mb/s uplink)
- 3GPP Rel. 8, DC-HSPA+ (42 Mb/s downlink, 11 Mb/s uplink), TD-SCDMA and EDGE are supported for legacy 2G/3G networks
- CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A
- Comprehensive RF support (B1 to B41) and the ability to mix multiple low-, mid-, and high bands for a global roaming solution
Integrated Connectivity Solutions
- Supports dual-band Wi-Fi to effortlessly connect to a wide array of wireless routers and enable new applications like video sharing over Miracast
- Bluetooth 4.0, supporting low-power connection to fitness gadgets, wearables and other accessories, such as Bluetooth headsets