How to set up preferred game presets on PS5
It can get tiresome going through games individually and setting difficulty or camera preferences for each one. The PS5 now allows you to control some of these settings on a system level for games that support it. In addition, you can also choose whether subtitles display automatically and if a game should favor performance or resolution modes. You can now hop into some of the best PS5 games with ease.
How to setup preferred game presets on PS5
- Go to Settings in the top right corner of the homescreen.
- Scroll down and select Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
- Select Game Presets.
From here you can set your preferred settings, which will then be automatically applied to games that support this feature. Selected settings will be applied differently depending on the game.
- Difficulty: For games with difficulty settings, you can set the default to Easiest, Easy, Normal, Hard, Hardest. Not selecting any option uses what the game normally defaults to.
- Performance Mode or Resolution Mode: For games that offer the choice between a performance and resolution mode, favoring visuals or frame rate, you can select which you prefer to always default.
- First-Person View: You can select normal or inverted vertical and horizonal controls for games played in first-person.
- Third-Person View: You can select normal or inverted vertical and horizonal controls for games played in third-person.
- Subtitles and Audio: Select if you'd like subtitles to be turned on my default and whether or not a game should default to its original native audio language or the language set on your console.
Next-gen is finally here
You can buy a PS5 right now, and it's set to be Sony's most powerful console with a super fast SSD, 3.5GHz CPU, and 10.28 TFLOP GPU. Should you want to add preferred game presets to anything you play, PS5 makes it easy.
Leave physical games behind
The PS5 Digital Edition packs in every bit of greatness the standard PS5 does, and does it for just $399. It might not have a disc drive, but the future is heading towards a more digital age every day. Have all of your digital games set up exactly as you want them with preferred game presets.
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.
Jennifer Locke has been playing video games nearly her entire life. You can find her posting pictures of her dog and obsessing over PlayStation and Xbox, Star Wars, and other geeky things.