Verizon has published the Motorola Droid 2 Gingerbread update support pages, and that's usually a sign that the update isn't far off. The update will bring the Droid 2 to Android 2.3, and software version 4.5.601.A955.Verizon.en.US (that's a mouthful) as well as an update to
Blur not Blur and several bug fixes. The key enhancements as listed by Verizon:
- New Download Manager App
- Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications, as well as the storage and memory being used by each.
- Multi-Touch Key-Chording
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality:
- New User Interface and Color Scheme:
- New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access.
- New App Menu allows creation of custom app groups
- Added Device and SD Card encryption.
- VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings
Gingerbread should breathe some new life into the Droid 2, Be sure to holler in the forums when you see it roll in. Check out the source link for the full details.
Source: Verizon; via Motorola support forums
Breaking: Twitter says hack is the result of social engineering attack
Verified and non-verified Twitter accounts are having some features disabled, including the ability to tweet. Twitter is recommending resetting your password.
Microsoft Launcher's big 6.0 overhaul is here with new features
Microsoft today launched Microsoft Launcher 6.0, a massive overhaul of the codebase and design of the launcher. There are also several new features tagging along for the ride, including landscape mode.
Preview: Assassin's Creed Valhalla is familiar, but it has Vikings
After watching a 3-hour demo of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, I only want more. It'll be a packed week when it launches just days ahead of Cyberpunk 2077.
These cases will keep your Moto G Fast moving at the speed of lightning
When it comes to finding the right case for your phone, you want something that will keep up with your day-to-day life and everything that comes along with it. This sentiment rings true for the Moto G Fast, even with its budget price point. So grab yourself a case and keep your G Fast chugging along.