Sure, this may seem like a very basic post, and everyone thinks they know to just pull the battery door off then yank the battery out, but is that really the best way to go about it? Simply put, no. You never want to just pull the battery out of any electronic device that is running, unless of course it is a BlackBerry, then you may be required to do so daily. (Zing!) What is the proper way to do this you may be wondering, so let's take a look real quick.
- Press and hold the power button of your device until the menu pops up
- Select Shut Down, then confirm you wish to shut the device down
- Wait for device to fully shut down
- Remove battery door, then battery
- Replace battery and door, then press and hold power button until screen lights up
Sure, it may seem like the simplest thing to do, replacing a battery should not be rocket science, but be sure that before yanking it out of the device that you simply power the device down properly. So, now that you know how to replace the battery, it is probably a good time to ensure that you have a back up battery for your device, you know just in case you need it.