Amazon is pushing out Software Version 6.2.2 for the Kindle Fire over the air, and it's also available for manual installation. Here's what's new:
- Enhances fluidity and performance.
- Improves support for manually setting up e-mail providers in the e-mail app
- Adds full-screen browsing
The upate is currently pushing out over the air. But if you just can't wait, you can also install it manually. Here's how:
- Make sure you have at least 40 percent battery charge.
- Download the update-kindle-6.2.2_D01E_3205220 file from Amazon here.
- Plug in your Kindle Fire and open a file explorer. Move the update-kindle-6.2.2_D01E_3205220 file to the kindleupdates folder.
- Disconnect your Kindle Fire.
- Go to the quick settings at the top of the screen. Choose More>Update your Kindle.
- Sit back and relax. It'll restart a couple times.
And that's it!
Have you listened to this week's Android Central Podcast?
Every week, the Android Central Podcast brings you the latest tech news, analysis and hot takes, with familiar co-hosts and special guests.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android