Amazon is pushing out Software Version 6.2.2 for the Kindle Fire over the air, and it's also available for manual installation. Here's what's new:
- Enhances fluidity and performance.
- Improves support for manually setting up e-mail providers in the e-mail app
- Adds full-screen browsing
The upate is currently pushing out over the air. But if you just can't wait, you can also install it manually. Here's how:
- Make sure you have at least 40 percent battery charge.
- Download the update-kindle-6.2.2_D01E_3205220 file from Amazon here.
- Plug in your Kindle Fire and open a file explorer. Move the update-kindle-6.2.2_D01E_3205220 file to the kindleupdates folder.
- Disconnect your Kindle Fire.
- Go to the quick settings at the top of the screen. Choose More>Update your Kindle.
- Sit back and relax. It'll restart a couple times.
And that's it!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The EU will follow the UK's example in not banning Huawei
The EU will not block Huawei equipment from member states' 5G networks. Instead, it has opted for a limited approach aimed at threat mitigation, urging member states to not rely on high-risk suppliers.
Are Android phones 'safe' from viruses & for banking?
No online device is really safe, but your Android phone gets pretty darn close.
Is it better to buy new or used smartphones?
When buying a phone, there's a big decision you need to make — whether to get a new phone or something that's used. Our AC forum members recently shared their thoughts on this topic, and this is what they had to say.
These are the best accessories for your Amazon Fire Tablet
Dress up your Amazon Fire tablet with some of these great accessories to enhance your entertainment experience!