We had seen some pretty solid hints that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 would be arriving on T-Mobile as the SGH-T889, but some additional sources have confirmed that it's still on the way, despite other reports that the phablet's plans for TMo had been canceled. In fact, some of the software currently in testing for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has leaked. The firmware is labeled T889UVALIC, and is fresh out of the oven, having been compiled on September 15.
According to the sources, the specs are pretty much identical to the European version, which include:
- Network: 3G: HSPA+ 21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps)
- Processor: 1.6 GHz quad-core processor
- Display: 5.5” HD Super AMOLED (1,280 x 720)
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera: Main (Rear): 8 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, BSI; Sub(Front): 1.9 Megapixel VT Camera, BSI; Best Photo, Best Faces, Low light shot
T-Mobile customers itching to pick up the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 can live vicariously through our hands-on video from IFA over here.
There hasn't been a lot of talk about dates, but with the back-to-school season quickly winding down, it's hard to imagine T-Mobile not releasing the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 before the end of the month. Any of you T-Mobile customers ready to go (really) big?
- Related devices:
- Filed under: