Samsung is now shipping out the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 across Canadian retailers and will be available to buy at most stores in the next two weeks. Last we heard, TELUS, WIND, and Mobilicity would be offering the phone, and since then Bell and Rogers have confirmed that they'll have it. In fact, Rogers and Bell are already taking orders online for $199 on a three-year contract. (Update: TELUS just dropped us a line to let us know that they're facing delays and won't have the device until later this week at the earliest.) To celebrate the launch, Samsung has Psy of Gangnam Style fame performing in Toronto tonight.
You can get a deep-dive with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in our hands-on video, but here's a quick run-down.
- Network: 3G: HSPA+ 21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps); 4G LTE: 100Mbps/ 50Mbps
- Processor: 1.6 GHz quad-core processor
- Display: 5.5” HD Super AMOLED (1,280 x 720)
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera: Main(Rear): 8 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, BSI; Sub(Front): 1.9 Megapixel VT Camera, BSI; Best Photo, Best Faces, Low light shot
- GPS: A-GPS; Glonass
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® v 4.0 (Apt-X Codec support) LE; USB 2.0 Host; WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi HT40; Wi-Fi Direct; mHL; NFC
- Memory: 16/32/64GB User memory + 2GB (RAM); microSD (up to 64GB)
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-ion 3,100mAh
It's a monster of a device, and no doubt many Canadians are itching to get one of these. Who's buying? What are you digging most about the GNote 2?