Media streaming service Plex dropped an update for its Android app today that brings a revamped UI along with the ability to cast from your camera roll to Plex clients and cast-enabled devices. Additionally, Plex has switched to offering in-app purchases to unlock features for new users in its app.
Here's the full breakdown of what's new and changed in version 3.9:
- Migrate to single-app model with in-app purchases to access unlimited playback.
- Browse and cast your local camera roll content to any remote player.
- Update user interface to use more modern Android styles.
- [ATV] Now supports movie extras.
- Fix crash when sharing with "Add to Plex" with the app on the background
- [ATV] Tweak sign in screen so that Refresh button isn't cropped.
- [ATV] Fix background artwork flashing just before playback.
On the topic of the new pricing structure, here's what Plex had to say on its Facebook page:
Download the app for free, then unlock full playback on your phone or tablet by either signing in with a Plex Pass enabled account or through a one-time purchase. Additional premium features and benefits are also available to Plex Pass subscribers.
Be sure to hit up that Google Play badge above to snag the update, and let us know what you think of the revamped UI in the comments below.
Source: Plex on Facebook