NVIDIA has launched the TegraZone.com website, complete with it's own online community for Android fans with Tegra-powered devices. In addition, the Tegra Zone companion application for Android has received an update with features designed to compliment the new site, as well as offer more for users by way of support for Japan, the UK, and India and a "Get Demo" button to try a free or light version of the game.
The highlights of the new website include:
- Allows consumers considering the purchase of a Tegra-powered mobile device to learn about Tegra games and some of the best Android games
- Expands Tegra-owner convenience and provides another way to view Tegra Zone content
- Makes it easy for users to share links to Tegra games and news through Facebook and Twitter
- Includes everything you’ll find in the original Tegra Zone app, plus community forums and sweepstakes
- The site is launching in English (US), Portuguese (Brazil), and Japanese; other languages will follow soon
Not to be outdone, the new Android app has a nice set of features as well:
- A “Get Demo” button – about 25 percent of NVIDIA games now have a free version of the game
- Android notifications
- Updated sharing (link to specific page on TegraZone.com)
- Better Facebook integration
- International app feedback
- Support for Japan, UK, and India; in addition to already available U.S., Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia, and Spain
As part of the new Tegra Zone experience, NVIDIA has also started a new Developer Zone dubbed "Zone in" to encourage more developers to build Tegra optimized applications. NVIDIA says all applications will be play tested and every developer will be responded to. Those are pretty big shoes to fill, and kudoa to NVIDIA if they pull it off.
Last but not least, to commemorate the launch of TegraZone.com, NVIDIA’s giving away five Acer Iconia Tab A500 tablets during the first month, don't miss your chance to win one. You can enter the drawing at the Tegra Zone website.
We've got a couple more pictures after the break, give them a look then check out the Tegra Zone website at the source link. We've also got the download for the TegraZone app down there, too.
- Related devices: