In a press conference in New Delhi today, Lenovo announced the launch of Vibe S1 in India. The latest addition to the Vibe family, the Vibe S1 was announced at the IFA 2015 in Berlin earlier this year.
The highlight of the Lenovo Vibe S1 is the dual front-facing cameras – an 8MP primary front camera that takes sharp photos and a 2MP secondary front camera that analyses the depth of field to approximate human binocular vision.
The Vibe S1 also exudes class in design and craftsmanship. With a thin 7.8mm profile and only 132 grams weight, the curved-glass rear panel and the thin rounded metal frame that goes round the side makes it good to look at and fits snugly in the hand.
Powered by a MediaTek MT6752 64-bit octa-core processor clocked at 1.7GHz paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, the 5-inch Full HD smartphone features great specifications for the price. It runs Lenovo's Vibe UI atop Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Lenovo Vibe S1 Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch IPS | Full HD (1080 x 1920) | 441 ppi pixel density
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6752 | Octa-core 1.7 GHz
- Memory: 3GB RAM | 32GB internal storage | Expandable up to 128GB using a microSD card
- Primary Camera: 13 MP with dual-LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP + 2 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 2500 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 143.3 x 70.8 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 132 g
Available in two colors - Pearl White and Midnight Blue – the dual SIM Lenovo Vibe S1 is priced at ₹15,999 ($240). The phone will be exclusively available on Amazon India in an open sale starting at midnight tonight. Are any of you guys looking forward to buying the Vibe S1?