Paramount has just released a new Android game on Google Play based on director Christopher Nolan's upcoming sci-fi epic Interstellar and it looks like it will be a tad different than the normal movie tie-in as the player can not only create his or her own solar system but can also explore it as well as others made by fans.
This game is no space shooter but one that is supposed to simulate real physics as you pilot a ship through these solar systems. Here's a quick bullet list of the game's features:
- Create your own solar system and share it with friends
- Customize planets, stars and asteroids
- Pilot the Endurance through friend's and other fan's solar systems
- Upgrade your ship to increase durability and range
- Earn mission patches for completing objectives
- Based on newtonian physics with simulated gravitational fields endorsed by the movie's science advisor Kip Thorne
- Slingshot between planets and return research data to Earth
- Navigate past massive black holes
What do you think of this rather different take of the movie tie-in game?