Huawei Reveals Expanded Suite of Smart Devices
at 2011 Mobile World Congress
- Huawei IDEOS™ X3 Smartphone – Sleek, stylish design, the thinnest device in the 3.2-inch screen range on the market with latest intuitive Android 2.3 interface
- Huawei IDEOS™ S7 Slim next-generation tablet now more streamlined for easier portability
- Huawei HiLink for automatic, hassle-free Internet connection anywhere, anytime
- Huawei Mobile WiFi Smart Pro wireless modem with intelligent routing
Spain, Barcelona, 15 February 2011: Huawei, a leader in providing next-generation telecommunications network solutions for operators around the world, introduced its latest Android Gingerbread smartphone, the Huawei IDEOS™ X3, at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on 15th February. The ultra-stylish Huawei IDEOS X3 blends sleek hardware with high-performing software to help users more effectively manage their communication and social networking activities.
At the same event, Huawei also launched the Huawei HiLink, a plug-and-link data card which connects users to high-speed Internet on-the-go, the Huawei Mobile WiFi Smart Pro wireless modem, an intelligent device which automatically selects the best high-speed Internet connection available, as well as the Huawei IDEOS™ S7 Slim, a next-generation 7-inch capacitive touchscreen tablet offering a blend of style and portability.
“The IDEOS range and our latest mobile broadband solutions are intuitive, simple to use products that offer users an enhanced mobile experience integrated seamlessly across different wireless technologies,” said Mr. Victor Xu, chief marketing officer of Huawei Device. “As we move into 2011, Huawei will continue to lead the drive to provide consumers with smart mobile connectivity at the right price.”
The Huawei IDEOS™ X3 smartphone: intuitive, power-efficient, ultra-stylish
The Huawei IDEOS X3, featuring an ultra-slim exterior, is a high-performing smartphone that boasts a 3.2-inch capacitive HVGA touchscreen, a 3.2 megapixel camera and the Huawei Handset Over-the-Air and Online Upgrade (HOTA) solution for Android, which provides users easy and timely OS upgrades. It is the thinnest device in the 3.2 inch screen range on the market. The smartphone runs on the latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread platform, which features a refined user interface that makes the smartphone easy to navigate, more intuitive and more power-efficient.
The Huawei IDEOS X3 also comes standard with applications that allow users to easily manage information and seamlessly sync their various social communication channels.
· The Huawei IDEOS™ X3 will be available in Japan via SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. from Spring 2011
· The Huawei IDEOS™ S7 Slim will be available in April 2011.
· The Huawei HiLink will be available in Europe in Q2 2011.
· The Huawei Mobile WiFi Smartpro will be available in Q2 2011.
Huawei is a leading telecoms solutions provider serving 45 of the world’s top 50 telecom operators. Huawei’s products and solutions have been deployed in over 100 countries and support the communications needs of one third of the world’s population. The company is committed to providing innovative and customized products, services and solutions to create long-term value and growth potential for its customers.