One of the few visual changes BlackBerry made to the user interface on the Priv over how Google does things was to the recent apps view. Some will like it, some will not. If you're a long time Android user you may well hanker for the traditional Rolodex view that's been with us since Lollipop debuted.
Fortunately, while BlackBerry changed things a little, it also left it very easy to undo and go back to something more as Google intended. Here's how.
- On your phone, either through the app drawer or notification tray open up "Settings."
- Scroll down to "Display."
- In the menu you now see scroll down until you see "Recents."
- Tap to open up your options.
Now, you'll see three options in front of you: Rolodex, Tiles and Masonry. It's the last of these that will be enabled by default, and the first you want if you're looking for the standard Android look. Tiles is basically what it sounds like.
If you're curious, the images below show you what each option actually looks like.
Left to right: Masonry, Tiles, Rolodex
And that's all there is to it. Go forth and switch apps as you please!
- Complete BlackBerry Priv review
- BlackBerry Priv specs
- The latest Priv news
- Interview: BlackBerry's President of Devices
- Join the discussion in the forums