What you need to know
- Wiz today announced new products for its smart bulb line.
- They'll go on sale from September in Home Depot stores,
- Wiz also announced an expansion to the UK and Europe.
Wiz Connected, a smart-lighting brand owned by the same parent company as Phillips Hue, today announced an expansion of its smart home products. The company had this year already introduced a new Wizmote and motion sensors for controlling compatible bulbs, and now these new products can also work with those as well.
Here's what Wiz Connected is adding to its product portfolio:
- 100-watt-equivalent A21 light bulbs in dimmable soft white (2700K) and daylight (5000K) priced at $17.97 with a full color with tunable white version at $23.97.
- Tunable white light in the B12 candle at $13.97 and for the PAR38 at $29.97.
- Full color with tunable white light in the B12 candle ($15.97), GU10 spotlight ($15.97), a higher-output, 1100 lumen 6" integrated downlight ($26.97), and a lightstrip and extension ($44.97 and $13.97, respectively.)
These will be made available in Home Depot from September, both online and in physical stores. Wiz says the prices here are just guidelines and are subject to change prior to release, but they should be more or less in the same ballpark.
Wiz will also be expanding the availability of its product portfolio to Europe and the UK, the company announced today (via Pocket Lint). You'll be able to buy many of these same smart light bulbs in retailers like John Lewis, Argos, B&Q, and Currys.
If you can't wait for September, these ones will serve you just as well. For just $60, these smart lights work with Alexa and the Google Home as well.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Netflix StreamFest: How to watch Netflix for free this weekend
Netflix StreamFest is a 48-hour streaming festival where everyone in India will be able to access the streaming service for free. All you need to do is set up an account and stream all the TV shows and movies that Netflix has to offer without paying anything. Here's how to watch Netflix for free in India during StreamFest.
Samsung’s first ‘budget’ foldable phone could launch early next year
As per a new report out of Korea, Samsung will launch three new foldable phones next year. While the Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Z Flip successors will arrive in Q3 2021, the company may launch its first "budget" foldable early next year.
Have you gotten the One UI 3.0 update on your Galaxy S20?
On December 3, Samsung announced that One UI 3.0 is officially rolling out to the Galaxy S20 family. Have you gotten the update yet?
Keep your products safe and take make your home even smarter with these
While it's important to have a surge protector for your more valuable electronics, "normal" surge protectors are boring. We have found some of the best surge protectors that are equipped with "smarts" like being controlled by Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.