The same device you love, now with a flashy new case color.
Sprint and Samsung have teamed up to release a new color variant of the Galaxy S4 called "Purple Mirage". The device is seemingly in every way identical to the Galaxy S4 currently available on Sprint, with the same 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 600 processor, 2GB of RAM and Android 4.2 on-board. But that doesn't mean people won't be jumping at the opportunity to differentiate themselves from others with the bland "White Mist" and "Black Frost" varieties that are on sale currently.
AT&T is offering a red variant and Verizon a brown one, so it's good to see Sprint get its own color differentiator. The Purple Mirage color of the Galaxy S4 is available from Sprint for the same $199 on-contract price as the other colors and can be purchased in-store and on the phone starting today, with sales opening up online starting Auguest 16th.
Purple Is the New Black for Smartphones This Fall
Samsung Galaxy S® 4 will be strutting its stuff on the runway this fall with a new fashionforward Purple Mirage look.
Just in time for school, Galaxy S 4 is available from Sprint in three colors: Black Mist, White Frost and the beautiful Purple Mirage, for $199.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement.
Some college and professional sports fans can also honor their favorite teams with a Galaxy S 4 that matches their team’s colors.
The award-winning Galaxy S 4 is powered by Android™ 4.2.2, Jelly Bean, and boasts a brilliant 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED™ touchscreen, 1.9GHz quad-core processor and access to the Sprint 4G LTE network. It also offers Multi Window, which allows the use of two apps side-by-side.
Galaxy S 4 features dual cameras: a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and 2-megapixel front-facing camera with a Dual Camera function that allows simultaneous use of both cameras. To make it easier to share those important moments, it also includes these
• Drama Shot captures a progressive event, like a baby’s first steps or a basketball player’s slam dunk, in one frame.
• Eraser Shot removes unwanted objects or people from an otherwise perfect picture.
• Live Filters allow an individual to see how a picture will look – on both the camera and camcorder – before the photo is taken.
Galaxy S 4 adds new touchless navigation with innovative features that detect face, voice and motions to enable screen control.
• Air View™ lets the user preview emails, photos in the gallery, or even the stories in Flipboard by hovering your finger over the screen.
• Smart Pause pauses a video by looking away from the screen.
• Air Gesture™ allows the user to answer a call or skip to the next song by waving his or her hand in front of the screen.
Easy Mode simplifies the home screen layout, camera, calendar, messaging and the Internet browser to make the settings menu easy to navigate for first-time smartphone owners.
Not only is Galaxy S 4 a stylish, feature-rich smartphone, but it also boasts the following eco-friendly attributes:
• ULE Platinum Certification, the highest level of environmental performance recognized by sustainable requirements established by ULE and Sprint.
• The battery charger qualifies for the most energy efficient 5-star rating for extremely low power draw while still plugged in after your phone is fully charged.
• Energy efficient with a no-load power consumption of 0.01W and efficiency rating of 76 percent.
• The phone’s recyclability rate is 87.1 percent.
• The device has eliminated the use of many environmentally sensitive materials, including polyvinyl chloride (PVC), brominated flame retardants (BFR), halogen, beryllium, phthalates and nickel.
• The device packaging is 99 percent recyclable; 100 percent of the paperboard is derived from post-consumer recycled materials.
What do you think of Galaxy S 4 and its gorgeous new Purple Mirage color?
Samsung, Galaxy S, TouchWiz, Samsung Smart Switch, ChatOn, WatchOn, S Voice, Air Gesture and Air View are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks. Multi Window does not support all applications.
There are so many Alexa speakers so let us help you decide which to buy
Whether you buy an Amazon-branded Echo smart speaker or something from a third party like Sonos or Eufy, there are a lot of great Alexa speakers to choose from. That's why we're here to break down your options for you to help you make the best purchase decision.
Did you pre-order the Google Pixel 5?
The Google Pixel 5 has arrived in all of its official glory. Now that we know how much the phone costs and what specs it's packing, did you get your pre-order in?
Review: The HP x360 14c is not just a good Chromebook, it's a good laptop
Chromebook fans who are looking for the perfect balance of form, function, and fun have several great devices to choose from in late 2020. HP just put the others on notice that the Chromebook x360 14c is officially part of that exclusive club.
These cases look great and will keep your Galaxy A20 protected with ease
The Samsung Galaxy A20 is a rather intriguing budget smartphone with some nifty tricks hidden up its sleeve. Today, we're taking a look at the best cases that you can get for this brand new phone.