Galaxy S2 rumors are nothing new, but now British online retailer MobileFun.co.uk is listing a device labeled "Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100" along with a price, specifications and release date. MobileFun says the Galaxy S2 will be released Mar. 4 for £549.95 (~$880), and offers an intriguing spec list for the device -
- Powerful dual-core 1.2GHz Samsung Orion processor
- Ultra sharp 4.3" Super AMOLED Plus screen
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0
- NFC technology for contactless payments and more
- 1GB RAM lets you multitask with ease
- Comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 8MP camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording with 1.3MP front-facing camera for video calls
Of course it's impossible to verify the specs or the price at this stage. However, the fact that they're appearing on a retailer's site alongside what seems to be an official promotional description of the phone gives this information a little more weight.
The Galaxy S2 is one of the many devices expected to be unveiled at next week's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. [MobileFun]
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android
Alex was with Android Central for over a decade, producing written and video content for the site, and served as global Executive Editor from 2016 to 2022.