Officially called Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, Jio's 4G services are now available for everyone in the country. The carrier is now rolling out a Welcome Offer whereby everyone registering for the service gets free data until the end of the year. Here's how you can register for Reliance Jio right now!.
There has been a manic amount of interest in Jio's 4G service, which is due to the fact that the carrier has a nationwide license for 4G, allowing it to roll out LTE across the country. That's mostly to do with low tariff, and the fact that everyone gets free data (4GB a day) until December 31, 2016. Jio is also claiming vastly increased download speeds when compared to what's on offer with Airtel and Vodafone, and in several trials, that has indeed been the case.
A major differentiator for Jio is its digital content ecosystem, which sees the vendor offering exclusive apps for Android and iOS. Here's a detailed list of what's included:
- MyJio: An app that lets you manage your Jio account and all of the vendor's digital services.
- JioBeats: A streaming music service with access to regional songs in over 20 languages. Curated playlists, offline availability, 320kbps audio, Google Cast and Android Wear support, and zero ads.
- JioChat: An instant messaging service with offers voice and video calls, as well as conference calls. Stickers, notes, file sharing, and group messaging are all included.
- JioMoney: Digital wallet for online payments, DTH recharges, and much more.
- JioPlay: A live TV channel service that gives you access to over 300 channels, as well as 30 HD channels.
- JioOnDemand: An on-demand content service that offers music, movies, and TV shows in 1080p.
- JioJoin: VoLTE voice calls
- JioMags: Collection of paid magazines
- JioXpressNews: News aggregator
- JioDrive: Cloud storage
- JioSecurity: An antivirus client powered by Norton Mobile Insights.