What you need to know
- OxygenOS 10.3.1 began rolling out for the OnePlus 6 and 6T on January 21, 2020.
- The update includes many improvements, including a fix for the black screen issue when unlocking using your fingerprint, device heating up while charging, and the random disconnects when using a 5Ghz hotspot.
- Includes the December 2019 Android security patch.
After a little trouble with the initial rollout of the Android 10 update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T, the company is now back on track and pushing bug fixes for the devices. Lots of bug fixes.
On January 21, 2020, OnePlus announced the OxygenOS 10.3.1 update for the 6 and 6T models. Along with usual general bug fixes and improved system stability, the update also included several important improvements. For starters, OnePlus fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking the device with your fingerprint. It also took care of the problem with random disconnects when using a 5Ghz hotspot.
Speaking of hot spots, there was a fix for the device heating up while charging, cause that's not something your phone should be doing. Then, there were updates made to the camera and gallery, which should fix the camera crash issue and problems with videos and images not displaying properly in the Gallery app. The full changelog can be found below.
- Fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking the device using a fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with the animation logo while rebooting device
- Fixed the issue with device heating up while charging
- Fixed the random disconnection issue with 5Ghz hotspot
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated security patch to 2019.12
- Optimised the image preview time in the Pro mode
- Fixed the camera crash issue
- Fixed the issue with videos and images not displaying in the gallery
Besides all the fixes, OxygenOS 10.3.1 also brings the Android security patch up to December 2019 on the OnePlus 6 and 6T. The update began rolling out on January 21, but OnePlus uses a staged rollout, so it may not have hit your device yet. If all goes well, it should be popping up on your device any time now, but if you can't wait, you can always try the third-party Oxygen Updater app and install it manually.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
These are the free shows we're enjoying right now on Amazon Fire TV
Now is a great time to binge tons of free tv shows and movies on Amazon Fire TV. Here are some of our favorites that are currently running on the various free services like Prime Video, IMDbTV, Crackle, and others.
Amazon says employees are not being forced to delete TikTok
Amazon is the latest entity to lash out at TikTok, with the retail giant now requiring all of its employees to delete the app from their phones.
Everything we know (so far) about the Google Pixel 5
We're still months out from Google unveiling the Pixel 5, but that doesn't mean it's too early to speculate what it might offer. Here's everything we know so far!
With a phone as beautiful as the LG Velvet, you'll want to get a great case
It can be tough to find a great case for a new phone, especially for a phone with a unique and wonderful design like the LG Velvet. But thankfully, there are a lot of solid case choices out there and these are our favorites to keep your LG Velvet safe from when "life happens".