What you need to know
- The first OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 8T is now available.
- It brings a new Canvas AOD feature, power consumption improvements, and camera enhancements.
- OnePlus has also improved the phone's network stability with the OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 update.
Just last week, OnePlus announced the 8T, a successor to one of the best Android phones of the year. Even though it hasn't gone on sale in most markets yet, OnePlus has already released (opens in new tab) the first stable OxygenOS update for the 8T. The new OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 update brings a few new features to the OnePlus 8T, along with camera and battery life improvements.
According to the official changelog, the update adds a new "Canvas" AOD style, which was rolled out to the OnePlus 8 series phones with the second OxygenOS 11 beta last month. You will be able to enable the feature by heading over to Settings – Customization – Wallpapers – Canvas.
The update also focuses on improving the phone's camera experience. OnePlus has optimized the Nightscape Mode for video and improved white balance accuracy under different settings. The stability of the camera app has been improved as well. Some of the other highlights of the OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 update include network stability enhancements and optimized power consumption for better battery life.
Here's the full changelog:
- New AOD Style – Canvas – is now available. You can find by going to Settings - Customization - Wallpapers - Canvas.
- Optimized unlock experience for Ambient Display
- Optimized power consumption for the phone
- New added Amazon shopping App, provide a better shopping experience (IN only)
- Optimized the Nightscape Mode for video, improving the imaging quality
- Optimized the accuracy of white balance under different settings
- Improved the app's stability
- Improve the stability of communication functions
"If you have pre-ordered a OnePlus 8T, you will receive the new update as soon as you're done setting up the phone." LIAR!!!
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.