What you need to know
- OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta 18 builds for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
- The latest Open Beta builds for the two phones come with the latest September 2020 Android security patch.
- OnePlus has also added new Game Space features with the latest update.
OnePlus has released new OxygenOS Open Beta builds for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro phones. The latest Open Beta 18 builds for the two phones bring the September 2020 Android security patch, new Game Space features, and a few bug fixes.
According to the official changelog, OxygenOS Open Beta 18 adds a new gaming tools box to Game Space. You can use the tools box for "convenient switches of Fnatic mode." For a more immersive gaming experience, OnePlus now lets you choose from three notification types: text only, heads up, and block. Some of the other new Game Space features included with the latest Open Beta build include quick replies in the small window for WhatsApp, and mistouch prevention.
Here's the full changelog:
- Fixed the known issues with screen recorder
- Fixed the issue that the notification bar did not respond occasionally
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.09
- Updated GMS package to 2020.08
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text only, heads up, and block just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in the small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Add the Best Answer function, which allows you to mark others' answers. Best Answer will also be rewarded with experience points
- Add mall function, you can buy mobile phones and other OnePlus products more conveniently
- Optimized the log information capture function
If you have the OxygenOS Open Beta 17 build installed on your OnePlus 7 or 7 Pro, you should receive the new update over the air soon. While it remains to be seen if the new Game Space features will make their way to the next stable OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 7 series, the September Android security patch certainly will.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Luna is Amazon's answer to Google Stadia, and it looks so much better
Amazon just unveiled Luna, its all-new cloud gaming service. It's available on a bunch of devices, gives you access to over 100 games, and costs just $5.99/month. Seriously.
Amazon's new $250 Echo Show 10 follows you around the room with its screen
Displays on smart speakers are helpful until it isn't. This is because once you move so to an area that the screen isn't facing you, the info on it is useless. The new Amazon Echo Show 10 aims to solve that very problem.
Amazon goes global with all-new spherical Echo speakers
Amazon's new Alexa-powered speakers are here, and they are sporting major upgrades inside and out. On top of a new spherical design that's easier to spot amongst your cluttered shelves, the new Echo series has a new chipset and Sidewalk integration.
These are the best OnePlus 7 Pro cases
The OnePlus 7 Pro was one of 2019's most exciting flagship devices. It was also one of the most slippery. Here are the best cases you can buy for the device if you're still sporting one.