Motorola has officially announced the Android 3.1 update rolling out to Verizon Xoom owners this week, first detailed by Google yesterday in San Francisco. Improvements will include:
- Support for the new Android Market movie rentals service with thousands of titles available for immediate viewing on the Motorola XOOM’s high-resolution display or on a larger screen via HDMI
- Full support for the final release of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2, delivering significant performance enhancements when viewing rich Flash content on the web
- Resizable widgets to enable further customization of home screens
- Support for USB-connected peripherals and accessories, such as keyboards, mice, game controllers and digital cameras
- Expanded Bluetooth features to support Bluetooth headsets in Google Talk™ video chats and Bluetooth mouse support in addition to additional shortcut keys with the Bluetooth keyboard
- Picture Transfer Protocol Feature support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC without the need for drivers
While some have already received the update, Motorola says that the new and improved Honeycomb will be rolling out to Verizon customers throughout the week, with the WiFi version and “other variants” of the Xoom receiving the update “in the next few weeks.” Hit the source link for Motorola’s official press release.
Source: Motorola Mobility Media Center
The U.S. is reportedly close to restoring Huawei’s global chip supply
According to a report from Financial Times, the U.S. Department of Commerce will soon grant licenses to chipmakers to resume the supply of components for use in Huawei’s mobile devices.
5 Chromebook trends that need to die
There's a lot of good things Chromebooks have added in the last few years, but just as there are some rumors that refuse to fade, there are a few trends in the Chromebook world that are hanging on with an unnatural grip that need to be hacked off before they drag the next generation of Chromebooks under.
Review: Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro makes the 108MP camera accessible to everyone
With the Mi 10T Pro, Xiaomi is redefining the value segment. The phone features an outstanding 108MP camera, Snapdragon 865 chipset, and a 144Hz display backed by a massive 5000mAh battery. But the standout feature is the asking price, with the Mi 10T Pro available for just ₹39,999 ($542), making it a standout value.
These are the very best Motorola phones you can buy
Motorola won a legion of new fans when it rebooted its phone line up a few years ago. Things haven't slowed down since then, and this little list right here is a round up of the best that Moto currently has to offer.