Motorola has officially announced the Android 3.1 update rolling out to Verizon Xoom owners this week, first detailed by Google yesterday in San Francisco. Improvements will include:
- Support for the new Android Market movie rentals service with thousands of titles available for immediate viewing on the Motorola XOOM’s high-resolution display or on a larger screen via HDMI
- Full support for the final release of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2, delivering significant performance enhancements when viewing rich Flash content on the web
- Resizable widgets to enable further customization of home screens
- Support for USB-connected peripherals and accessories, such as keyboards, mice, game controllers and digital cameras
- Expanded Bluetooth features to support Bluetooth headsets in Google Talk™ video chats and Bluetooth mouse support in addition to additional shortcut keys with the Bluetooth keyboard
- Picture Transfer Protocol Feature support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC without the need for drivers
While some have already received the update, Motorola says that the new and improved Honeycomb will be rolling out to Verizon customers throughout the week, with the WiFi version and “other variants” of the Xoom receiving the update “in the next few weeks.” Hit the source link for Motorola’s official press release.
Source: Motorola Mobility Media Center
Steam for Chrome OS would make Chromeboxes even more awesome
If things play out in just the right way Sony and Microsoft have some real competition to deal with. If not, then it'll still be fun to try and break.
Everything you need to know about the Huawei P40 and P40 Pro
Huawei is getting ready to enter 2020 with a splash thanks to its upcoming P40 and P40 Pro smartphones. Here's everything we know about the phones' specs, design, release, and more.
Samsung Galaxy S20 will have a 5x optical zoom according to latest report
According to a recent report out of Korea, optics manufacturer Optrontech is supplying Samsung with prisms for 5x optical zoom in the Galaxy S20.
Life happens, so keep the Moto E5 protected with these cases
Finding the "right" case can be a tall order, as there are so many different options on the market. We have comprised a list of the best cases for owners of the Moto E5 so your phone will match you, but will also keep the phone protected.