Gameloft releases BackStab for Android
After having now completed an exclusive run on the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, Gameloft has made BackStab available for more devices via the Android Market. The game sets you in the 18th century on a Caribbean island where you play as Henry Blake.
If you're into arcade styled fighting games with lots of places to roam and discover throughout you'll want to give BackStab a look. A list of compatible devices and video of the gameplay can be found after the break.
Gameloft Launches BackStab for Android
Gameloft, a leading global publisher of digital and social games launched BackStab for Android devices. It is available on the Android Market and the Gameloft Store for $6.99.
“My name is Henry Blake, once a proud officer in England’s Royal Navy. Now I stand a shattered man. Betrayed, imprisoned, my fiancée taken away, I have now found my freedom– and soon I shall find my revenge.”
Take on the role of Henry Blake, a broken man whose life was stripped away, and help in his quest for justice and revenge. Climb, jump and sneak your way through diverse settings to reach your target and strike down adversaries. Use your deadly fighting skills and the combo-based combat system to defeat your nemesis and anyone else who gets in your way. Roam freely across a huge island and gaze upon its magnificent full-3D environments and experience the feeling of an immersive, realistic world around you thanks to impressive character interactions with true-to-life voice effects.
Live a dark and action-packed tail of treason and vengeance
- Take the role of a broken man whose family was murdered before his eyes and help in his quest for justice and revenge.
- Climb, jump and sneak your way through the environment to reach your target and strike down adversaries.
- Use your deadly fighting skills and the combo-based combat system to defeat your nemesis and anyone else who gets in your way.
For the 1st time on smartphones, explore a beautiful and rich 18th century island
- Roam freely across a 10km² island and gaze upon its magnificent full-3D environments including jungles, beaches, temples, a volcano and more.
- Investigate every corner of 3 cities (Spanish, English and the free slave city) to find side-quests and hidden secrets.
- Choose your mode of transportation to explore the furthest reaches of the island: horse, carriage, ship or simply by foot!
- HTC Desire HD
- HTC Desire S
- HTC Desire Z
- HTC EVO Shift 4G
- HTC Incredible 2
- HTC Incredible S
- HTC Inspire 4G
- HTC My Touch 4G
- HTC Thunderbolt 4G
- Motorola Droid X
- Samsung Galaxy S Showcase
- Samsung Google Nexus S
- Samsung GT-i9000 Galaxy S
- Samsung GT-i9000B Galaxy
- Samsung GT-i9000T
- Samsung GT-P1000 Galaxy Tab
- Samsung GT-P1000L
- Samsung SC-02B Galaxy S
- Samsung SCH-i400 Atlas
- Samsung SCH-i500 Fascinate/Galaxy S
- Samsung SCH-i800 Galaxy Tab
- Samsung SGH-T849 GalaxyTab
- Samsung SGH-T959 Vibrant
- Samsung SPH-D700 Epic 4G
- Samsung SPH-P100 Galaxy Tab
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set top box, connected TVs and consoles. Gameloft partners with leading international brands such as UNO®, Spider-Man®, James Cameron’s Avatar™, Ferrari® and Sonic Unleashed®. Gameloft also operates its own established franchises, such as Real Football, Asphalt™, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus and N.O.V.A Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®. Gameloft is present in all continents, distributes its games in 100 countries and employs over 4,000 developers.
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.