Verizon this morning confirmed via e-mail that an update is on the way to the Motorola Droid 2. Here's what you're getting:
- Improved battery life.
- Proximity sensor improvements (faster response).
- Weather widget works in landscape and portrait.
- Easier setup, better notifications for visual voicemail.
- Background email sync while the screen is off.
- Support for e-mail domain suffixes with more than three characters.
- Better text message organization.
- Edit text messages after attaching a video file.
- Guided Tour videos now stream from the help section.
- Faster GPS lock.
- Better Wifi-3G handoffs.
- Add gallery pictures to contacts.
- Export contacts to SD card.
- VZ Navigator now built in.
- See social networking contacts' details.
So, nothing earth-shaking, but a pretty good list nonetheless. You can get the full rundown and update instructions at the source link. [Verizon]
Here are the best alternatives to Dark Sky for Android
One of the more popular weather apps is leaving Android, so it's time to find yourself something new. Here are some weather apps I actually like more that you can turn to and fill the Dark Sky hole in your heart.
Google's AirDrop rival 'Nearby Share' finally starts rolling out
Google's Nearby Share platform, which lets users easily and anonymously share files with each other, has finally started rolling out. Initially, however, Nearby Share will only be available on select Pixel and Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 appears in a new video leak ahead of launch
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has shown up in leaked AT&T instructional videos, just a day before its official unveiling.
These cases will keep your Moto G Fast moving at the speed of lightning
When it comes to finding the right case for your phone, you want something that will keep up with your day-to-day life and everything that comes along with it. This sentiment rings true for the Moto G Fast, even with its budget price point. So grab yourself a case and keep your G Fast chugging along.