Verizon this morning confirmed via e-mail that an update is on the way to the Motorola Droid 2. Here's what you're getting:
- Improved battery life.
- Proximity sensor improvements (faster response).
- Weather widget works in landscape and portrait.
- Easier setup, better notifications for visual voicemail.
- Background email sync while the screen is off.
- Support for e-mail domain suffixes with more than three characters.
- Better text message organization.
- Edit text messages after attaching a video file.
- Guided Tour videos now stream from the help section.
- Faster GPS lock.
- Better Wifi-3G handoffs.
- Add gallery pictures to contacts.
- Export contacts to SD card.
- VZ Navigator now built in.
- See social networking contacts' details.
So, nothing earth-shaking, but a pretty good list nonetheless. You can get the full rundown and update instructions at the source link. [Verizon]
Fit and feeling good: How I'm using Google Fit to stave off 2020's chaos
A summer spent indoors and the frantic pace of the fall launch season have left me being significantly less active this year, but with Google Fit and the TicWatch Pro 3, I'm trying to claw my way back.
Snapdragon chips are going to make Chromebooks even better
Snapdragon Chromebooks mean better battery life and connectivity. Both are things that most every Chromebook user wants more of!
I turned off my phone for a day and it was the best decision I made in 2020
The internet is great and useful for so many things. But a day without it was like a reboot inside me. You should try it.
The Xperia 1 II is our favorite phone for shooting video
If video recording is your thing, then look no further than the Sony Xperia 1 II — it offers a large screen, three great cameras, and extremely robust manual video controls.