Verizon this morning confirmed via e-mail that an update is on the way to the Motorola Droid 2. Here's what you're getting:
- Improved battery life.
- Proximity sensor improvements (faster response).
- Weather widget works in landscape and portrait.
- Easier setup, better notifications for visual voicemail.
- Background email sync while the screen is off.
- Support for e-mail domain suffixes with more than three characters.
- Better text message organization.
- Edit text messages after attaching a video file.
- Guided Tour videos now stream from the help section.
- Faster GPS lock.
- Better Wifi-3G handoffs.
- Add gallery pictures to contacts.
- Export contacts to SD card.
- VZ Navigator now built in.
- See social networking contacts' details.
So, nothing earth-shaking, but a pretty good list nonetheless. You can get the full rundown and update instructions at the source link. [Verizon]
Here are tech media's hot takes on Surface Duo
Reactions to the Surface Duo after its launch earlier this week ranged from disappointed to elated. Among the media, in particular, there was a surprising amount of enthusiasm for Microsoft's dual-screen device. Here's a look at some of the chatter from around the web.
Everything about the Fortnite fiasco sucks for smartphone users
Even if you'll never play Fortnite, what Epic, Google, and Apple are doing should have you concerned.
Spotify no longer sucks on Android tablets and Chromebooks
Spotify is now rolling out a new update that optimizes its UI for Android tablets and Chromebooks.
The best portable instant photo printers for Android devices
You're on the move and making memories on your mobile. While digital is great, why not try and make those memories a little more permanent with a tangible photo?