Droid 2 Global maintenance update set to arrive soon, fixes Global calling issues
Proud owner of a Droid 2 Global but seeing some bugs? If so, Verizon has some bug fixes for you on the way. As noted in the image above which was taken from a .PDF off of the Verizon website, it looks like Big Red will be rolling out the update at some point in time soon. When installed, you should find yourself sitting at v2.4.330. As for the bugs it fixes, the .PDF notes the following:
- Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
- Device no longer indicates “No Service” after powering up.
- Device no longer resets when changing from Global Mode to GSM/UMTS communication.
- Device now refreshes the user interface display when switching from GSM/UMTS to Global Mode.
- Eliminated the blank screen when dialing the call forwarding string *71.
- Improved audio during voice calls.
- Reduced user interface lock-ups.
Maybe after the update, Global users won't have so much trouble using their device, you know -- globally. Feel free to discuss the update potential here. [Android Central Forums, Droid Life]
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.