After making its Z Launcher open to the public in beta form last fall, Nokia has issued the first major update for the app. In this update, Nokia is laying the groundwork for icon pack support, along with various UI and design improvements.
Here's the full breakdown of what's new and improved in beta version 1.1.0:
- Preliminary support for icon packs
- Long press on text - you can uninstall or hide app app from the ranked list, in addition to existing long-press behavior such as long-pressing the icon to drag it to the favorites bar
- UI improvements for a wide range of Android devices
- Improved design and performance of carousel widgets
- Improved Scribble handwriting recognition
- Play store icon will load Play store without pre-searched text (We heard you on this one!)
- Bug fixes
One of the hallmarks of Nokia's launcher replacement is its predictive nature. In other words, the launcher tries to predict what you're going to want to do with your device and populates a list of apps or actions at your fingertips based on those predictions.
If you're intrigued by this launcher replacement, feel free to hit up that Google Play badge above and grab the update — provided you have a compatible device. If you want a more in-depth look into what Z Launcher does, also feel free to check out our hands-on.
Thanks to DJCBS for the tip!