Algoriddim has released a free version of its popular djay 2 music mixing app for Android, called djay Free. It's now available to download from the Google Play Store along with an update for the $4.99 djay 2 app.
The app promises to turn any Android device into a "full–featured DJ system." Here's what uses can expect when they check out djay Free:
- Spotify integration: mix millions of songs instantly
- Music library integration (all files on your device, no access to Google Play Music)
- Match: intelligent song recommendation engine powered by The Echo Nest
- Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
- Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
- Looping & Cue Points
- Single Deck portrait mode
- Advanced time-stretching (requires quad-core Nexus device)
- Automatic beat & tempo detection
- Support for all major audio formats
- Support for Bluetooth devices
- Support for DJ MIDI Controllers and audio interfaces (Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3, Reloop Beatpad)
While the app is free, it does require a paid Spotify Premium subscription to access its songs. However, Algoriddim is offering all djay Free users a seven day trial for Spotify Premium.
The full featured djay 2 also received an update today in the Google Play Store that includes full support for Android 5.0 Lollipop along with multi-channel audio output support for the Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3, Reloop Beatpad, and Griffin DJConnect controllers.